High Vis fishing line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by jailcop2, May 12, 2006.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    What do you all think of high visability line ,I like it for strike detection but does it shy the fish away?
    Thanks
    Brian

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Use Berkly Big Game HI vis green and blue. Used the green for quite some time now and have never had a problem. When I don't use it is when the problems start. LOL!

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Try using clear flourocarbon leaders for line shy fish, then you can still use your high vis. line.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if your going to be using it for catfish dont worry about it. if a catfish will take a bait placed on a hook with 3/16in thick, 400lb test, white trottline then i seriously doubt they are going to notice 30-50lb test hi-vis green line. now with other species of fish i'd go with a more clear line.

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Dink makes a good point. Not to mention, it isnt the catfish's eyes that they hunt with most; they hunt with their sense of smell and touch. Thats why stinkbait works 'so well.' They can smell something like down to 3 parts per million in the water.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have been using Berkley Solar Green a lot this year and really like it! I just use a clear leader although I'm not sure that's necessary. I do it just as a precaution. The solar green color is so easy to see. I recommend it!

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Has anyone tried the P-Line CXX Premium in the HI-Vis green? I don't think there is a better mono available. This is some TUFF STUFF! I have been partial to P-Line ever since I first tried it. Now that they have the HI-Vis green I may never try anything else. Never had any problem w/any line scaring fish.

whatever it takes

Cheez

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I use Stren Hi-Vis Line with on problems at all - I love to "line watch" instead of "pole tip watching". I have been fishing like that for years with no problems. Catfish don't care about the color of your line and if they can see it or not, if they are want it (your bait) they will go and get it - even if it's tide to a rope or cable. lol:happy:
    :0a23:
    Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

9. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    i started usiing green about 5 yearsnow my brother swears on blue he catches smaller ones then I do ,but more of them.So take it what its worth. he did buy green line this year :eek:oooh: :0a18:

10. daniel472001

daniel472001 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been using Berkley Solar Green color. Much easier to keep an eye on.

11. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Oh, jeez. That stuff is so awesome I can't even tell you. I have it on my medium to large cat rod in 20 pound test, and I cant get enough of it. It has caught enough fish that the 14 dollars per spool really doesnt matter to me much. P-Line CXX hi-vis green and Big Game clear/low-vis green are the two lines that I have caught almost all of my fish on, and I love them both to death. If either are retired from production, I am going to die.

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    So far so good for the P-Line. Although it acted like crap when I was spooling my reel. Just to much memory and real twisty. I did catch a 10 pound blue on it the other day though. There green just needs to be more green and not so much more yellow.

13. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I've diverted slightly from braided lines and I'm using right now hi viz 25lb Stren Hi-Impact and 40lb Trilene BigCat with no problems, like stated, catfish dont seem to give a rats hind end either way or whatever is attached. Now if I go troutin or panfishing I go with the clearest, least visible line possible but for cats I love the hi viz green. Not only does it show up good but around here everyone seems to think you are totally hardcore when spooled with 40lb hi viz green on a 10,000 BigGame.

14. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Matt if you have 40# hi-viz on a big game 10000 you ARE hardcore.
    I got some 100# PowerPro on a 320 GT2. It's mounted on a 7' heavy action Tiger rod. When I have it in my hands I FEEL hardcore. LOL :lol: :lol:

whatever it takes

Cheez

15. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i like the hi-vis green and every thing that is flourscent, i love blacklights. fish-on.

16. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I use the big game solar on my cat poles and also on crappie poles. It's necessary when you have several lines in the water at the same time. I haven't noticed any loss of bites, even on the crappie poles. I just wish you could get the stuff at Walmart.