High Rock??

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shark, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Anybody fishing the rock? I went sat night and boy was it slow. fished for 7hrs and caught two small channels. Could not find a flat one not sure where they are at but its not where I'm at.

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Tim, I've been fishing High Rock every week. The catfishing has been slow. I've fished Abbott's Creek, Flat Swamp, and the main lake. Haven't caught a single flathead, only a few channel cats. With all the rain, the water has been way up and the fish haven't been where they were last year. I've tried fishing flooded timber, shallow flats, main channel (Abbott's creek) drop offs, "fish attractors" and holes; fished with live bream, live and cut shad, and livers. I have been fishing exclusively at night (9pm-2am) I'm going to keep trying and I'll post reports (Once there's something worth posting).

3. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    hey guys i think the flatheads maybe on the spawn, could be a little slow for awhile its kinda slowed for me too. did hook one last week broke my line that was at 12:00 pm so might wanna try sum day fishin too!!! also i would try below the dam agood ways and find some nice big natural eddys and slack water areas!!! good luck

4. HRL Flatcat09

HRL Flatcat09 New Member

State:
    NC
    i havent been fishin as much lately because of the weather but ive been catchin alot of channels just not many flatheads. But hopfully it been start gettin hot soon

5. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Got skunked at Abbott's Creek last night. Thinking about going to York Hill next time. Has anyone been fishing up there?

6. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    An inside source told me that thats the place to be... but I can't give up all my secrets, I will say this, look up river. Good luck.

7. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well did a allnighter on high rock thursday night and got skunked by the flats.Man they are kicking my butt. Caugh a few small channels not much for all night. You were saying fish up river how far up river?

8. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We been going about halfway up between york hill and the pumpstation access. I fished high rock thursday night and friday night off of my buddies pier at his lake house with live bream and cut shad and didn't even get a bite either night. We had our ski boat down there and my wife forbids me to fish from it so I just stuck to the pier. Guess it's a good thing I didn't drag my flat bottom down there with the intent of going fishing. The only thing we caught was a softshell turtle on a piece of hotdog my buddies son put on a hook and threw out this morning.

9. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Fished Abbott's Creek during daylight 7:00am-11:00am on Saturday. We caught 1 small crappie, 1 catfish and one decent bass (knalves). Headed to Belews tonight. I'm giving High Rock a rest.

10. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    went to york hill monday night 6pm-12am caught one flat about 25lbs and 1 blue about 5lbs on live bream flat was full of eggs so they are spawning and had one perty good fish get off.

11. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    How is Belews? I've caught numerous channels but nothing else.

John

12. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nick, Welcome to the BOC!