High Rock report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jpw, Apr 24, 2007.

1. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Me and my neighbor went to High Rock Sunday. We got bait at the Swearing Creek bridge and and back out towards the main channel. We caught several nice channels, biggest was about 9 pounds. The biggest fish was a 15 lb Flat. We also caught a smaller flat and the rest were channels. All on cut shad. We fished upriver around the mud flats. They were moving water and lake level was up. Not a bad day.

2. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    how far up river was u fishing cause we where fishing in the flooded trees about 3 miles from the steam plant and we had pretty good luck also we where only fishing in 1.5-4 ft of water and they where hitting like mack trucks had one hit so hard as soon as it hit it started pulling dragdidnt have time to get the rod out ofthe holder before he got off

3. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    James,
    Dont be giving away my secret spots.

4. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I didn't devulge any exact locations..lol..it's in the vault..lol

5. P.Bean

P.Bean New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i fished up on the salisbury side of high rock at a campground on monday night...with no luck...maybe next time...was goin to fish at york hill but its still under the river

6. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    where i went from york hill was 3 miles towards high rock york hill is really over fished if u bank fish u might want to try down at price road if u can get around the crappie fishermen the crappies are in there so i know the cats are to just waiting to gobble up som eggs and hatchlings. i had one hit a crappie i was trying to get out of a brush pile and my 2lb line didnt stand a chance against him. also if we get alot of rain tonight and fridaythe cats will be up in trees gorging their selves on bugs and stuff