High Rock Report - 5/26/06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tarheel, May 27, 2006.

1. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC
    Fished the Rock from 3pm to Dark. Water Temp was 77 degrees (finally warming up!). Fishing was still a little slow, but did get an 8 pound channel on light tackle. The shad are all moving very shallow. Threw my cast net blindly 3 times around a pontoon boat/floater and probably had 100 shad to fish with. It's been my experience that when the shad start moving out of the deep water it is one of the best signs that the catfish will start stirring as well.

2. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    This is true around here, I also did the same with my cast net of the bank were I live and it was shad galore, but since april when I caught the blue and flat,I havent had much luck with the cats,but did get a 15lb striper few weeks back! My brother is up today to give it a try.I might try some night fishing tonight and see what happens.Hopefully they will cut loose soon.If have any luck Ill let ya know for sure.:smile2:

3. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Well,not much happened for my brother.I went last night for a couple of hours and just caught 2,one 3lb channel on brim and a baby flathead about 10 inches long. well ill try again sometime this week.

4. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC
    The cats just seem to be slower this year. I would be curious if anybody else thinks the same?

5. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    they are slower this year actually the crappie, bass and carp are all acting funky this yr i believe it is just the weather. right now crappie should be offthier beds and bass and bream should be bedding down but the crappie really havent came in this yr like they normal do. Eric

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yeah down at highrock i havent noticed any bedding by bream or bass, of course im stuck on the bank. :(