High Rock Newbie

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by floundahman, Aug 12, 2008.

1. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have recently started fishing High Rock Lake. I had tried fishing at Flat Swamp but didn't catch anything. I have fished Abbott's Creek a few times in the last couple of weeks, and done fairly well. We have caught a few eating sized channel cats. The area has been loaded with bait (shad, creek chubs, and yellow perch) but almost every channel cat I've cleaned has had an empty gullet. I've been bank bound for 2 years now with no end in sight. Does anyone know if Abbott's Creek holds flatheads? Is this the best bank fishing on the lake? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    All the creeks hold flatheads. They are really finicky fish though. You got to feed 'em what they want when they want it. Live bait is the ticket and have an assortment. I haven't been on it since mid July, but we got several flats in the 20's and one in the 30's in that time. I might have to hit it again here soon and see if I can find some more of 'em. see ya

3. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    You might try the river near the I-85 crossing. There are several areas to fish from the bank. Try any log jams or the scour areas near the bridges.