Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im plannin on going up to high rock and would like to ask you guys that fish there alot. Wheres a good boat ramp off of hwy 8 and some good places to fish.I have no idea I've never been there im hopin to catch my first flathead there since everyone says it better then badin. But any help at all will be appreciated.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Only been there once. But, if I remember correctly there are two ramps on Hwy 8 (Abbotts Creek and Flat Swamp Creek). Both are fairly close to the dam.

I'm thinking, about going down there a little more this year for some Flatheads too.

Good luck

Jon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Abbots Creek landing in Southmont will be your best bet. From there, go upstream (under bridge) and check the edges of the creek channel. The area just downstream of Holloways Church Rd bridge to the mouth of Buddle Creek is good, and has lot's of stumps. There is also two big humps right at the mouth of Buddle Creek. The FHS topo map is H-R is a useful tool. PM me if you need any more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.