high rock lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by monstercatmatt, Mar 24, 2008.

1. monstercatmatt

monstercatmatt New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Im plannin on going up to high rock and would like to ask you guys that fish there alot. Wheres a good boat ramp off of hwy 8 and some good places to fish.I have no idea I've never been there im hopin to catch my first flathead there since everyone says it better then badin. But any help at all will be appreciated.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    never been there let us know how you do

3. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Only been there once. But, if I remember correctly there are two ramps on Hwy 8 (Abbotts Creek and Flat Swamp Creek). Both are fairly close to the dam.

I'm thinking, about going down there a little more this year for some Flatheads too.

Good luck

Jon

4. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    Abbots Creek landing in Southmont will be your best bet. From there, go upstream (under bridge) and check the edges of the creek channel. The area just downstream of Holloways Church Rd bridge to the mouth of Buddle Creek is good, and has lot's of stumps. There is also two big humps right at the mouth of Buddle Creek. The FHS topo map is H-R is a useful tool. PM me if you need any more info.