High Rock Lake Info for nc gathering

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by IrishO'Brady, Sep 30, 2006.

1. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Hey guys as you have heard the NC gathering is just around the corner. We are going to be a Tamarac Marina, and was curious if any of you could tell me where there would be some productive spots within boating distance of that location, and any reccomendations on bait, etc. Noticed most of the old fishing reports I find around the net are big flatheads, so I figured 3-way rigging bream might be a starting point?
    Thanks!
    -Chris

2. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Chris, are you coming to the gathering cuz i fish highrock alot but always from shore, altough i know some huge boys hang out by the dam. and just down the road from the marina is a boat launch right near the dam.

3. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Awesome! thankyou Devin!! Ill take asmany people as I can fit on the boat, if you wanna fish from the boat everyones welcome

4. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    sign me up for a spot. :cool2: :lol: :cool2:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

In the lake there are plenty of shad, plenty of bluegill for bait; use redworms to catch 'em on. Hills Minnow Farm is about 1 1/2 to 2 miles from Tamarac, and they have just about any kind of bait you will need. Of course, they have some bait at Tamarac too. We just use a regular or modified slip rig for cats. The crappie fishing is good at High Rock too. The upper end of the lake has some treacherous water (shallow), so a map might be in order. My friend who is coming with me can show you some good fishing spots, Chris. Hopefully he will be bringing his pontoon boat. If not, you might have to save him a spot on your boat! Also, whiotewolf138 said that he knows the lake quite well. See you next weekend! Woo hoo! :big_smile: Oh yeah, as far as your beer question goes, they sell regular beer at Tamarac (Hill's has it too). Smiley's, the little restaurant at Tamarac, was selling draft beer and had karaoke on the patio the last time I was there.

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Karaoke and drunks?!?! sounds like fun to me, and chris or anyone attending the gathering i have a map of the lake if you want to give it a look

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i dont what dam you fellows are talking about but be careful at the headwaters of tuckertown. its rocky and shallow. i never fished there but i know alot of folks that have hit rock there. most of the tourney guys i know say tuckertown is fished out but who knows for sure. one thing i do know is high rock is loaded with the big flats. high rock has the record for the nccats most weight in a tourney with close to 150lbs for 5 fish. lots of folks also use gold fish from hills to catch them flats. i would look for deep water structure and the flats should be stacked up on it this time of year and feeding heavy.

8. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    up by the trian tresle bridges are good spots and off of high way 8 are pretty good and a spot called the cow pasture is good. i could show u better spots on a map or by boatwhich ever

Eric