High Rock friday night

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shark, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Fished high rock friday night from 7.00 pm till 2.00am and ended up with 8 channels biggest about 12#. Out of five boats that I know was fishing there was one flat and it might have went 4# not sure where there at or how to catch them.

2. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    I fished there friday night on Flat swamp side, ended up with a couple channels and a Blue nothing over 13lbs though...Flats are on the spawn right now and its alittle harder to catch them then say the middle of May..You'll still catch them if you have the right bait and pretty much throw it on their beds. I've been using live chubs,brim and perch and when the Flats are bitting they are deadly! Just give it alittle while longer it'll pick back up 1st of August or so! In the meantime good luck! I fish high Rock at least 4 times a week and stay pretty well up to date when their biting..I'll pass the info along..thanks Will

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Where u gettin' chubs at Will?

4. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    What is a chub?

5. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    I get them outta abbotts creek behind my house, use just a worm and fish on bottom