High Rock Flatheads

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rahughes, Feb 28, 2008.

1. rahughes

rahughes New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone here, I am new to this site. I fish badin and tuckertown area and hope to gain info on High Rock to fish this year. I heard High Rock has some Big Flatheads is this true. And what live bait should I use for High Rock Flatheads.

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Whatever you can catch legally out of the lake should work well for flatheads. Sunfish always are a good option and shad will work well too. I'd start with those two baits and then broaden your horizons so to speak:wink: I've heard crappie, w. bass, bass, stripers, and white perch also work well. Hope this helps a little. I have no idea of spots or proper techniques b/c all I did when I was there was bass fish and fish for channel cats. Never caught a flathead until I moved away from the area.

3. rahughes

rahughes New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thank you for the info. I will start with sunfish and go from there.

4. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    i fish high rock all the time bream and gills are 2 of the best a longer lived baits avaliable to use but shad works great also but they die rather quick

5. archisands

archisands New Member

State:
    North Carolina / Virginia
    new to the site also, but go to high rock all the time. we always stop by mimi's bait store and get the "big" goldfish. not free (buy em by the pound) like the shad and bream, but they are hard to kill and are pretty fiesty. had them last for 3 weeks after a trip before. there are definately some big flatties in there.

6. archisands

archisands New Member

State:
    North Carolina / Virginia
    [​IMG] theolfatcat
    can't respond to PM's yet b/c I'm too new - don't have 10 posts yet.

but HWY 8 North of Lake between Lexington/Southmont. hope this helps.