High Rock fishing

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CATFISHERMAN001, Dec 20, 2007.

1. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    Is anyone fishing High Rock lately? How low is the water? If you are fishing it, Abbot's creek is the place to find the big flat heads. It has been a little while since I was on the lake but good flat head lake. All my flathead's caught there were on live hand size gold fish. Tear 'em up and keep me posted.

2. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    This time of the year everyone kind of leaves Highrock and goes after the blues in the lower resevoirs of the yadkin chain like Badin and Tillery. You might find some nice Channel cats in Highrock this time of the season.Best bet would be to take the 30 min. trip south and fish one of the others while its cold.

3. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    crappies and channels are biting on the rock right now and stripers are starting to just hard finding them

4. jrlong7

jrlong7 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just coming onboard to the club. Great site and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you better. I fish High Rock lake about 95% of the time and then Lake Norman a little. I have fished Tuckertown and Badin but it has been a while.

5. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jesse, welcome to the BOC!

6. gatecitycattin

gatecitycattin New Member

State:
    nc
    i fished high rock last weekend. more bait in flat swamp than you could shake a stick at. marked lots of stripers and flats but they were already stuffed. I caught 2 small flats and a channel by the railroad bridge. Next time I will go to Badin and stop wasting my time with the little tykes. Tight lines