High Rock crappie fishing= flathead catfish

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by crappie59t, Oct 1, 2009.

1. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My dad and I went to high rock this morning crappie fishing we went to crow creek and started spider rigging caught 28 keeper crappie with 11 over a pound we also caught a 19 lb flathead and had another big one get off the flathead was caught on a crappie minnow and 6lb line on a 12ft crappie rod took me around 30 min to get him in

2. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    pic is in my avatar and fish was kept alive and released into pond

3. todobiennc

todobiennc New Member

State:
    nc
    word of advice - flatheads and ponds don't often mix very well...unless you want to end up with a pond with only a very few fish in it eventually. It'll take several years but it will eventually happen unless you keep adding more fish into it for the cat to eat.

4. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    we should leave cats in there natural enviroment:angry::angry:

5. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    a man that lets me catch bait from his pond told me he wanted a big catfish in his pond so i did what he asked any other time I would release any flathead back where i caught it

:confused2: Katman1 that doesnt look like the natrual enviroment in your pic

just to let everyone know this is a one time exception I am not like the guy from badin who keeps everything the only fish we keep to eat is crappie any thing else we release

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    that fish in my avatar was released at the dock at my lake house on wateree thats my storage shed in the pic i never keep or harm trophy fish

7. Johny

Johny New Member

State:
    nc
    no 1 one where is crow creek on high rock no 2 nice catch you caught it do what you want with it no3 what is a spider rig going to hit the rock up tomm for some crappie:tounge_out:

8. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How deep of water did you catch him in? I went flat heading the other night on high rock and got skunked not even a bite

9. crappie59t

crappie59t New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    crow creek is straight across from crane (were goat island is)
    spider rig is where you have between 8 and 20 rods out the front of boat
    caught in 15ft of water near the bottom

10. Johny

Johny New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks man for the info I fished the rock all day caught one crappie small
    and a few brim will try again