High Rock 6/6/08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by archisands, Jun 10, 2008.

1. archisands

archisands New Member

State:
    North Carolina / Virginia
    We put in at Buttles Creek and stayed out till daybreak. Thermocline kept killing our bait. We were on some good structure though so some were our bait was shallow no problem. Used some slip bobbers to try and overcome the deeper water, but never really had any luck with them and certainly didn't help us that night. Between me and my bud, we had one good run on the clicker, but just as soon as it hit it quit. We got skunked. :eek:oooh:

2. walongtree

walongtree New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the info. I was not to far away and didn't have much better luck. I must have been fishing shallower though. Cought 4 channels with large live bream go figure. The largest two being 4 and 5lbs. I was suprised that these small fish could eat medium to large size bream. I will be unable to go this weekend but I hope to find some flatties the weekend after next if I can afford gas to get the lake.

DL

3. archisands

archisands New Member

State:
    North Carolina / Virginia
    Always good to know you're not the only one not doing so great, that's the way it goes when you're hunting for the trophy. There have been many a night we didn't have a single bite for hours and then landed a trophy though. We were using shad and goldfish, but no takers. The one hit we got had to be a blue the way it hit. It was on one of the big goldfish.