High Point Lake

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by VOODOO 1, Mar 16, 2009.

1. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
    Anyone fishing high point yet? Starting to get pike coming in to spawn.

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the BOC.

I don't live down your way and haven't heard about high point lake, but I can say that I have targeted fish alot this winter/early spring and have yet to find a bite.

hopefully, the pike will go on that prespawn feeding rush and I'll get my fish.:wink:

If pike is something you target, consider sharing your insights, successes and guess on the the N Pike folder, as well. But of course, your More than welcome to share them here, and I'm putting nearly all my catches here these days. (most of my friends hang out around the PA forums:wink:)

PS this is the world friendliest fishing forum , Also We're really really (well THEY're:tounge_out:) good catfishermen. so feel free to ask questions.

3. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
    We fished high point fri,sat,sun, we caught two pike on friday. two bullheads on sat. three pike and two large mouths on sun.The bite seems soft, just playing with it. Hopefully the water will warm a bit.

Attached Files:

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    nice fish.

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    haven't been to hi point in years thanks for posting the pics voodoo brings back some great memories

6. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
    I'll be at high point all day tomorrow. Will post results and pics hopefully. Going to be flying solo in the morning.

7. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
    Fished all day saturday. They weren't biting at all. Had one monster hit on my bobber pole almost took my stick in the water. When I set the hook I was snagged up. I don't know what happened. Would have got the skunk except for the 4in. perch my nephew caught.

8. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
    Fished on Sat. afternoon. Caught 1 largemouth,2 pickeral,2 pike. One of the pike was a nice 29 incher. Went up Sun. afternoon but conditions were horrible. Steady wind of 20 to 30,white caps crashing into the shore. Did manage to catch one small pike before packing it in.

9. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
    Went to high point this afternoon. What a mistake. I should have known better with the wind but when you got the itch you go anyway. Total white caps out there,the whole lake was muddy. I didn't even get out of the truck well maybe tomorrow will be a different story.

10. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
    Just got back from high point. Fished from 2pm till dark. Condition were okay, water was still alittle muddy but winds were good. Caught one pike 25inches:smile2: and two bullheads. Wish it would fill back up to normal level so I could launch a boat:sad2:

11. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks for the report, I'm gonna have to make it up there sometime to give it a try.