High FLOOD WATER ON THE RIVER

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by dhogue, Jul 1, 2008.

1. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Question. I never went out on the river doing high flood stages, the last time I was out was in March this year, my question is do the Coast Guard restricts boater from going out with there personal water crafts doing the high flood waters on the the Missouri and Mississippi rivers.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    The Missouri is open to personal watercraft. The Mississippi is closed. The Miss. is considerably higher than the Mo.

3. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri

Would you know where to find out about the rivers being closed over the net? That way if the rivers ever get stupid again we would know where to look.

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
  5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The Coast Guard issues Local Notices to Mariners that you can (and should) check before venturing out onto the Mississippi River or any other federal navigable waterway.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/lnm/d8mrs/default.htm

It takes some digging, but if you read the weekly notices, you'll eventually find the notice that says the river is closed to recreational traffic.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Well... When I called the coast guard and spoke to them back when our ramps where closed. They told me the miss. river was closed BUT if you called them and checked in before you went out you could go out and fish. I was calling about the Mo to see if they had shut ours down like they did last year.