Hidden secert spots !

Discussion in 'MARYLAND LAKES TALK' started by CatfishKent, Jul 31, 2009.

1. CatfishKent

CatfishKent New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Hey out there . Trying to find a great place to take my friends to catch catfish in Maryland. I live in between DC and Baltimore. Anywhere good around there other then the Potomac ?

Any Farm ponds or something ?

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Couple places close to you, that I can think of is the Putuxent river, Slip up on the Susquehannaabove or below Conowingo Dam. If you really want to get into some channels, cross over the Bay bridge and head for the choptank river. Probably some of the best channel cat waters in Maryland. You said except the potomac, so I won't mention what can be caught there.

3. CatfishKent

CatfishKent New Member

State:
    Maryland
    thanks . I went to the potomac today i caught three channels using a mepps spinner! it was very confusing . i was going for bass and caught the cats,they hit like freight train! but thanks for the info .

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I was down too. just got back from the lower Potomac. Wasn't the best but it was steady all day, for a full moon. ended up with 19, mostly in the 20's 30's and a couple 40's, biggest was around 47#.

5. CatfishKent

CatfishKent New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Im trying to get down there again soon. the problem is im only 16 and dont have my license yet. ive got a month though. then ill b killing. what do u use when u go?