Hidden lake lower salt river!

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by pr1mo5, Jun 6, 2009.

1. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Rcaarizona posted about the hidden lake and I used to 4x4 by there all the time as a kid but never fished it so I went there yesterday to check it out and i couldnt find a place where people fish there are reeds on 3 sides of it deep too and on the other side its a mountian wall and the closest i could get to the water was a few feet but i couldnt cast there. where does everyone cast here looks like there is alot of food there and has some great spots for some nice flatties but i cant find a place to fish there can someone help me out? also has anyone on here pulled out any good sized fish from there?

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    You sure you are at the hidden lake I posted about? Where I go there is no mountain wall. You cant 4x4 anywhere in there because it is all fenced off from the North side, and I actually get there by walking across the Salt River.

3. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    yeah we went there i gpsed it and went strait there i crossed the river and hiked back. as your standing south facing the water with all the cattails there is a mountian with a trail that comes strait down almost looks like its going to go inthere but curves. the mountian side is kinda slick with rock but i went over there and only found one place to get to the water but i couldnt cast. back in like 1995 you could drive back there all you want but as everyone knows arizona govt wont let us do anything fun. do you wade out there? have you caught anything of size there?

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    With the Salt river at your back, there is a place you can get into the water. Wade up and down casting toward shore. There are huge catfish in there, but all those areas I posted a map on here of are wade only spots.

5. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    What thread was this so i can look it up. thanks

6. dsfrye1

dsfrye1 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hi guys, new to this site. I am really interested in this secret spot. Maybe some help in a general direction would be cool. i have four wheeled all over AZ and can find anything with a general direction. I just started my quest for the BIG 1, I hope to get a cat over 30lb this year... High hopes for my first year trying. Thanks

7. vinny383

vinny383 New Member

State:
    gilbert,arizona
    welcome to the b.o.c.! my goal is to get a 30# plus a well! now lets go gettm!

8. dsfrye1

dsfrye1 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I agree the bigger the bait fish the bigger the catch! What type of bait do you guys recomend for carp on the lakes? The gills I am pulling out to use are not big enough.