Hiatal herniorraphy successful:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Dec 8, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ah, I can swallow again. The surgery was a success and the sutures come out next week. I have had my hiatus, my sabbatical, my contemplation of my navel, my extreme lotus position, my not religious retreat, a case of beer and a bag of pretzels.

Christmas is coming, I am full of good cheer and I miss you guys...somewhat.

After Christmas (God's time) and New Years (Devil's time), I'll cinch 'Ol Betsy up, knee her ribs to get it tight, throw my leg over and begin another ride. I'll have the sutures out and give you my New Year's resolutions.

I'll give you some stories and contribute to this wonderful organization when I can. Some stories in mind, not on paper, just in mind...

"Don't give 'em anything to grab." for Sgt "SomethinsDragging"
    "How not to shoot a horse in the head." for Baitchunker.
    "All my mother did was lie." for Sharon.
    "The Truck." for Kenny the Catfish.
    "Touch the Blood." a philosophy piece to explain myself to hunters, trappers, fishermen and other macho men I have encountered.
    "Control Freaks and Power Managers." recipients unnamed.
    "Of windmills and ketchup." to some ornery guys I know.
    "Don't read the Will." a question I have for you. Need some help with that one. My biggest disappointment lately.
    "A cop who was actually my friend." for Kutter. This friend was a guy, one of a few I miss.
    "Foul Sausage, Part II." Addendum to one of the first posts I made last April.
    "Wrecking balls and New York" a character I wish I knew where he was.
    'I'll bail you out if you bail me out." for my brother.
    "The Black Man who saved my life." for Bert.

A lot more more, but that will be a start for those of you who want to read them. Most won't, some will. But it will be fun for me.

John.

See ya sometime in a few weeks, enjoy your Thanksgiving. (Heheh)

Might be back sooner, depends on if I need help with Christmas dinner. Will prob. ask some questions in Tanyas what's for supper thread. Whatever, later Dudes.

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bout time! Looking forward to those stories. :big_smile:

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    good to see you back John!!

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    AH HA! We are as addictive to you, as you are to us! Welcome back, John! :wink:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    YUP-I DONT WANT IS HEAD TO SWELL UP AND BURST BUT IT IS KIND OF QUIET ROUND HERE WITHOUT HIM AND IT IS GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You were gone for a bit? LOL! Can't wait for the readin. Two words for ya..........ICE CREAM! LOL!

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Great to see you are back. Looking forward to more stories

8. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I grabbed my first cup of coffee, signed on to BOC and lo & behold

JOHN IS BACK! LET THE FUN BEGIN!!

Welcome back John

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to see ya back ,and in fine form too.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome Back John. It's been quiet . We need you to stir something up.

11. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glad to have you back, Kenny is way out of control. Maybe you can settle him down some. Keep your chin up. and maybe sometime you might be able to float on down here. There's 3 of us in this neck of the woods. Later Andy

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Didn't even know you was on the missing in action list.:roll_eyes: JK WELCOME BACK!!
    Get those great stories started.

13. fishermanswife

fishermanswife New Member

State:
    az
  14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, I'll be dipped in a barrel of hog swill and hung out to dry. Hello there young lady. Thank you for your thoughts. My recuperation has been marvelous. A well needed respite from the terrors of war.

Speaking of war you Irish-Italian maiden. That guy who is sitting (leaning, lying, reposing, laid out) next to you always with his nostrils in the air looks familiar. Is he related to you in any way? If he is I definitely feel sorry for you. Is that white hair on his head? Is that your fault Jolene or his he just naturally scared or an early ager?

Nice to see you. I know what he is going to get you for Christmas. For 5 bucks, I'll tell ya. It is quite a surprise. Later. Monja

15. fishermanswife

fishermanswife New Member

State:
    az
    I had to take a moment to pull it together....laughed so hard I cried!!!

I'll give ya ten bucks if you spill it. He won't even give me hints.:big_smile:

16. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    John,

Not exactly sure about what was wrong with ya.. I've heard and been around a few folks that had hiatal hernias. I'm guessing that you had a doozey.
    So, does this mean you can finally enjoy food without the slop bucket next to the dining room chair? Does it mean that you can eat without little shovels in the back of your throat going "not in here"

If so, then I'm glad you've got that all fixed now. As you can tell, I couldn't imagine not being able to stuff my piehole.

I'm not exactly sure where the stitches are located either, but hope you aren't running around trying to scratch where it itches!

Write us another story already. You remember what Momma said about idle hands?

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We cannot have Johns hands Idle No Ser REE it would not be good:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

18. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome back John. It gets quite without you keeping everyone going.

19. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
  20. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey john. good to see you back on your feet and slinging mud again. and if you know what i am going to get my wife for christmas, I will give you 10 bucks to tell ME!!!! cause i sure as he!! dont know myself yet. and yes john, you have found out my little secret. i live in a constant state of fear. lol. not really i was born with large nostrils and like to show them off. ok thats not true either. and that white hair on my head is my heritage coming through. irish-german-dutch, yeah might be a couple blondes in there.