Hi

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by zappaf19, Dec 2, 2005.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I just joined. I live in Monticello and fish Lake Shafer and freeman. I am hoping to get some hints from here. One problem is when I troll I get hung up alot on logs etc. I use a live blue gill for bait, with weight. Any Ideas?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Zappaf, welcome to the B.O.C. you will find all the need info here. Please go into your profile and fill it out completely. I sure would like to welcome you with your real name, makes it more personal :D

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sorry about that! Still learning how to get around this sight. I tried to post a pix but I can't get it small enough.
    Bill

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Bill, thanks a bunch, glad to have a new brother. I use irfanview to resize my pictures. The software can be downloaded for free here in the B.O.C. If you can not find it I will try to find it for you. post if you can not find.

5. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    freeman and shafer are ok lakes especially around indiana beach but they dont hold a candle to missenewa or salamonie also hunnington is a good one if youre into walleye but i have my best luck early at missenewa right after the ice is gone

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    welcome to the BOC. I assume you are targeting flatheads from your post using live bluegills? If so, I would anchor down rather than troll. Find areas with a lot of structure ( timber, large rocks etc...). Flatheads are usually on or close to the bottom and are territorial. Trolling would work better for channel or blue cats. Good luck

7. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    BILL welcome to the BOC

BIGCAT GarryEads :)

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Most of the time I fish Shafer, I go under a bridge @ Tall Timbers Mairna into the Big MONON. The monon is idle speed and very few wave runners come up there. It is about 10 miles long.
    There is also a under water forest (water depth is 19') I will fish for crappies till dusk then troll over to the High bank with trees and rocks to fish for cats. Nice way to spend a day. (i still need to learn)
    I have a 20 year old ranger that I bought from a guy that had it in his barn. 20' long 115 merc. Wife and I redid the interior during the winter and rebiult the carbs. Boy did it smell like cat pee! LOL Boat motor trailer and all electronics was 1000.
    I don't really care to bass fish pan fish were my target. Then one day I caught a 17" channel cat. (luck) That was so fun! The fight was great. The fillets were very tastey! I'm hooked.

The responce I have gotten from this group is just great! Everyone has made me feel quite welcome. You have a nice family here.
    Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
    Bill :)

9. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    "Howdy" Bill ! Welcome to the BOC !

Tod "T-Bone" Davis from Texas

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    welcome aboard bill,nice to have another hoosier. my wife is from over that way,we will have to hook up next season. have caught some cats from under the dams there and around bluewater. enjoy the site man!

11. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Welcome aboard Bill, to the best web site on the net...

If you like to fish, your in the right place to get all the information you need..

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Be glad to take you out this spring! Always good to have a buddy to talk to and learn from.
    Bill

13. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hi Bill,
    I fish Shafer a few times per year. I get to use the Park as an excuse with the lady :D . I know of the area you fish by Tall Timbers Marina, there is a bunch of cover up that way. I usually go with my father in law on his pontoon, which doesn't fit under that bridge. I'll have to take my 15'er with me in May, I don't know the exact date yet. I have caught several flatheads between 5 and 20lbs right behind the Galaxy Roller Coaster on live goldfish. I have a friend that drifts from the Big Shot all the way down to the big ferris wheel and makes a killing on eating size channels (He caught 21 in three hours early this past October!). He was using small chub minnows, but I don't know how he had his rig set up. Oh yeah, welcome to the BOC! This site has made me a much better fisherman. I never imagined that there was so much to learn about catfishing!

14. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Welcome Aboard I will be joining you out there in IN in about 2 monthes.

-Brian

15. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome aboard Bill! Nice to have another Hoosier on the site.

Brian (centralcalcat), did I correctly read on another thread that you will be moving to the South Bend area?

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Let me know when you are coming up. I will give you a tour so to speak of the big Monon. :)
    Bill

17. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Naw that was someone else.
    Thanks for the welcome tho.
    Bill :D

18. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad to have a new member to join the brotherhood. Welcome aboard! :D

19. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

I am headed to Valparaiso (I guess about an hour out of South Bend) Feb 16th. I will also be in IN form dec 20-Jan 2nd for vacaation/xmas with my Fiance.

-brian