Hi ya'all greetings from N.Y.

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by splitshot, Jul 23, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Going to visit my son in three rivers Texas possibly next month. Three rivers is about one hr. south of San-Antonio. He dosent fish for catfish, but says the fishing is pretty good in the river from what he"s heard. Are there any members in that area that can give me any info?

Thanks!

2. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Splitshot, what kind of kid did you raise. Doesn't fish for catfish, I mean COME on :) j/k

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Its sad isnt it, i suggested he see a shrink all he wants to do is fish saltwater.:crazy: :crazy:

4. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    seems like you missed a rather crucial father-son talk along the way :)

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thats OK Splitshot Thats more Catfish for You and ME! His Loss Our Gain Wright J.D.straka

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good luck, maybe you can convert him while you are there. i don't know that area of Texas though sorry I couldn't help.

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    You got that right J.D., What he dosent know yet is he is going catfishing with his ole man, like it or not. He loved fishing for em when he was a kid, and he might be 35 yrs old but he is still my kid. :big_smile: Gotta get ready for work, wally-world would never survive the day without me.:roll_eyes:

8. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Slip...sounds like me,you, and your son have some things in common. I turned 35 today ( :) ), and I worked for Wally world for 5 years.

I could handle my son not liking catfishing, but if he didn't like the Dallas Cowboy's, then his butt is out !!!!!

My father sent me his yearly B-Day present, a years subscription to the Dallas Cowboy Weekly, always my favorite gift :)

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Any of the rivers in that area hold catfish, but mostly smaller channels. Choke Canyon is the best lake near there for catfish, though Braunig and Calaveras probably hold a few.