Hi Vis or Low Vis - Which do you prefer!

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Gone fishin 4 kittys, Aug 12, 2006.

Hi vis or Low Vis Line?!?!

1. Hi Vis

2. Low Vis

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    No matter what brand of line you use do you like his vis or low vis line. For me it's Hi Vis all the way

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Hi vis for me. Well, at least if you count electric blue as a hi vis color (and it kind of is; I can see it easier than most other lines at night). I dont think the cats care too much if the bait is attatched to a colorful thing, so I just go with what I can see best.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    When it comes down to Catfishing - it's all about me seeing the line - and not the fish - (especialy when night fishing :wink:)

It's "High Vis. Line" all the way for me. :confident:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    IT depends where and and high clear the water is I yous power pro abd its a dull color:big_smile:

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hi Vis for me, I just like the looks of it better.

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    For drift fishing, hi vis is much easier to see and keep a watch on multiple lines. I drift from a kayak and it helps keep the lines from getting crossed. Yesterday, caught most of my 5+ lb channel cats on the Big Game Solar so it doesn't seem to make a difference.

7. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    depends on what the watercolor is like:big_smile:

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Put me down for hi vis .

9. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    When talking catfishing I would definately say Hi-Vis...why would you go with low-vis at the expense of not being able to see your line when cats don't give a darn. Use Hi-Vis with a clear or low-vis leader if you feel its needed, it's the better option.:wink:

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I use Hi-Vis for cattin and Lo-Vis for bass. For crappie I use a mix or both.

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    While I've always heard that the catfish don't care, I've noticed that I catch more fish on green PowerPro than on yellow. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I'm not gonna fight it any more. Put me down for low vis. :big_smile:

12. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    With 18" of low vis leader, I doubt that the color of the main line matters a whit. The fish is focused in on the bait. You could use 1/2 inch flourescent rope for all that catfish cares.

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I have always used low vis. line, but i think it makes sense to use high vis. for cats, so im switching to berkley green big game.

14. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    for me it depends on the water clairty, but mostly low vis. is what I like

15. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    I prefer Hi Vis the majority of the time but will attach a leader that has low visibility in certain situations or types of fishing.

16. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    I use to be a low-vis guy, but have changed to hi-vis after seeing a lot of other guys using it with success. I agree with the hi-vis comments, very important to see your line...

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I agree 100 % I use hi-vis 30 lb. line and even though I know it does'nt make any difference I still use 50 lb. clear for my leaders ( its a mental thing :lol: .)

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Most of my cattin is done at night and prefer to use Hi-Vis

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I use a white braid with great success and don't think for catfish it makes much diff.For bass I used low vis green mono but switched to Hi-vis flourescent for night fishing so I could see it better with the black light.For cats I don't think it matters much but there is a PHD in there for someone wanting to do a comparison study.:big_smile: :lol: :smile2:

20. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Got to agree with JIM on this one...Everyone uses jugs,trotlines etc. with big heavy line on them and the cats don't seem to care,so I can't believe it should make any difference what color line you use on your rod.I don't think the fish are smart enough to know the difference between jug line and r/r combo.
    I think the only real difference is the persons own preference,I like hi vis but thats because I can't see that well at night.JMO but then its like my ex wife used to say....WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK