hi vis line it does work

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Oct 21, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I made a post awhile back that after switching to low vis line I have been catching more flatheads in the daytime,

After seeing Roger and Mellon both catch there personal best flats on hi vis neon green line, in the daytime...I stand corrected, line color dont mean a hill of beans:smile2:

I think I will get me some of that hi vis ande monster yellow to try it out.

I think it's pretty!

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    the hi vis. line is great for us ageing fishermen we can see it better:wink:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its also a lot easier to see when tying those favorite knots. For those of us with failing eye site.:smile2:

4. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    try the ande envy green.. i love it and you can't beat the price.

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats why i use it. Every year it's getting harder and harder to see.:confused2:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to use a stren line that was a bright hot orange, its been years ago, pretty sure it was stren 40lb. caught a many big flats on it. Since I have used the hi vis. green, electric blue. I can't see a difference either now Jack now I think about it. Im a mono man on the river for the most part, and have thought about this many of times, and had opinions, but I agree.... I can't see a pattern enough to worry about it. After all, them trotliners have used huge diameter white rope for years:wink: rollo

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I use mostly Hi Vis line. I use different colors so its easy to tell them apart. They are easier for me to see both day and night.
    I use the BBG Hi Vis Green and Clear Blue
    I just bought some Suffix line in Tangerine. Almost zero memory and strong! I like it.
    Wantin to get some yellow line to try.
    I havent noticed the color of line making a big difference. Some of my biggest cats of the season came off of Hi Vis line.

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well im going with the high vis yellow next year myself my eyes are geting old whent to eye doc last week first time iv ever ben and yes i went because it was geting hard for me to see how to tie a hook lol will have glasses in 6 or 8 weeks with them and yellow line mabe i can getem tied agen at night lol:cool2:

9. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I've been using Sufix Siege tangerine hi-vis mono,too. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to try a hi-vis mono line.

10. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I use the 40lb hi vis electric green, berkley big cat! It seems to do good in thick stuff and great against the rocks! I lost quite a few big cats this year using the power pro braid mostly in the rocks, So i ripped all of it off my reels and went back old school! Plus it looks cool on my silver Abu 6500s!:wink: