Hi powered led headlamp

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by FS Driver, Feb 26, 2007.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    I am going to post this in this section and then in a fishing gear section
    because i think it would be of interest to most of us on this board and want everyone to get in on this.
    i got a headlamp from the hardware store i frequent the other day and i only turned it on in the store but it was too bright inside to really see just how bright this little LED powered lamp truly is.
    this could be used to coon hunt night fishing working in a dark house/building power outage etc.
    this is said to last 100 hours on a set of 3 aaa batterys
    it has a chip in it to magnify the light.
    it makes you see spots if it is shined in your eyes:big_smile:

i used it tonite outside in pitch black shineing up in our trees and was
    impressed with its brightness.
    kind of pricey but its cheaper than the coon hunting lamps ive seen
    and the battery pack is contained within the webbing of the headlamp.
    heres one site i seen this . actually this one has a green light in its cluster mine does not.
    i paid about 65.00 for mine this one is a bit less .
    i would like to find some cheapere on ebay maybe.
    check em out and see what you think.
    http://www.lightsandknives.com/productid/385/36/1.html

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The biggest problem I've had out of LED lights is lense scratches.
    they diffuse the brightness severely the more scratched they become.
    Protect those lenses.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for the infro I am Looking for a good lightI

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I just buy mine at Lowes There plenty bright for night fishing and easy on the pocket.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thanks for the post! i have been useing an led made by brinkman. its bright enough to fish with and stuff but im sure your is much brighter.

thx again for the post brother.

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Looks good, I'd like to have one mounted on a cap.

7. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    A bit pricy for me, but for that kinda scratch, it BETTER BE GOOD,LOL. I get mine @ Wla-Mart for like $15, They r bright enuff to light up my bobbers when I am night fishin for crappies or small cats. So I'm good, But if I ever start coon huntin again, I'll try to find something a lil better, till then, thanks for th heads up.

8. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got a hat the other day at sears, it had 3 led light bilt into the bill. I think it will really be handy fishing.:smile2:

9. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i'm an avid backpacker and one of me headlamps is my favorite... Petzl Zoom which can use the bigger 3.5volt batteries.

About 3 years ago I found a website that a guy was custom making LED's to fit your everyday flashlight bulb base... I purchased the brightest he had and I'm amazed at how much light it throws. I use it caving/backpackin/fishing which over powers anyone elses headlamp when they are around me. Best of all, with the bigger 3.5 volt duracell battery it will last 18 hours of continous use.

I wish I could find this guys website again, but it seems he fell off the face of the earth.

10. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    As Koon stated, Petzl makes a fine headlamp. Streamlight also has one out that looks good. I have not tried it, but if its anything like their other products, its top notch.

11. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I don't like the lights that use camera batteries, because the life is limited, and replacement batteries are pretty pricey.

I use the Streamlight cliplight...it comes with a headstrap, but you can remove that, and clip it to a hat brim, a hanging loop in a tent, or anything else you can imagine, or just hold if in your hand like a conventional flashlight.

It runs for a loooong time on AAA batteries...bombproof, lifetime guarantee, green or white, less than $20 @ BassPro. I give it 5 smileys.:smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Pelican, Petzl, Princeton Tec,and Streamlight are some top notch headlamps. For us a 3 Led is pretty good and wont have a dark spot in the center.. The more lumens it has the brighter your gonna be. They can be pricy but some are still only around $25. They also have the black light options for people who want to fish mono line and see it good without using any other light source.

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I got two Coasts sorta like the one you pictured, Im happy with them. The AAA batteries lasted a year with quite a bit of use.