Hi Impact Big Game...

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I just got my 6500C3 Spooled with it. Is it a good line?? Thanks in advance.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I missed what pole you had decided on could you let me know? I don't know the line though sorry.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If it's Biggame, it has to be good!

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I think i've heard flathunter say that he uses big game and i bet he caught that huge fish in his avatar with it - so tea, its prolly great.

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am getting a Gator Rod. I have seen many Rods and spent time researching them. When it was all said and done I have been a member here for 3 years and so has Gator. Jim is what the BOC is all about, a great member. He has helped me and other BOC brothers out many times.

This is my first 6500 and I wanted to make it special. This is my way of doing that, I have always wanted a Gator Rod and now I will have one. I will post pics when I get it. Thanks for asking brother.

I encourage everyone to get a Gator Rod, I have heard great things about them and can't wait to get mine.

Tea

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks Jack, I took your advice and got it spooled yesterday. The Hi Impact was a brighter green.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I use the 30lb Big Game and love it.I'd say you'll love that also.

8. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    i spooled my 7000's with hi test last spring. used 1 time. hi test in a landfill somewhere. regular big game on big reels now. hi test caint take abrasion.

9. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The high impact is not as strong as the big game Tea, but you should be fine if your not catching monsters and you use your drag correctly. Be careful because the high impact nicks pretty easily. Inspect your line each outing. Good luck bro.

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well CRRRrrrraAAAAPPPpppp, looks like I may switch line already. Yall are making me doubt it.

11. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I know the feeling. I am happy with my Big Cat line, but heard so much about the Cajun Red that I spooled up with some. It didn't make it through one whole trip...I took the stuff off and I'll nevr buy it again. I know some folks like it and I'm happy for them, but IMO it is terrible. I'll stick with what has always worked for me.

12. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Hey Tea I just got a 2006 6500 C3 and I spooled it with 20# Big Cat Trilene and it worked good, casts well and is easy to see at night with a black light. Do you have a link for Gator Rods? Take care and God Bless.

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the info brother.

Here is the link for Gator Rods. Jim is a long time member and great guy. If you have any questions just shoot him a email or PM.

http://www.akwolf.com/GatorsRods/