hi guys...

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by JOSEGONZALEZ1972, Mar 10, 2008.

1. JOSEGONZALEZ1972

JOSEGONZALEZ1972 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i live around marietta ga.im interested in some catfish and carp.i have a nice med-heavy action zebco spinning outfit(actually made for catsfishing).any tips on how to rig or baits.i would appreciate it.the lake closest to me is sweetwater.anyone familiar with it?thanks for your help.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    welcome aboard Jose

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome to the boc

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    welcome too the BOC Jose ....... from Colorado.

5. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    welcome to the boc jose.

as for carp. try 15lb line with a VERY small weight and fish with your favorite bait.but becarful carp are easily spooked.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jose Welcome to the BOC. Looking forward to reading your post.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Welcome aboard! As far as carp are concerned, I like using light (about 8# test) line and small hooks. As for bait, you can use worms, corn, or any homemade concoction you can think of.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the BOC.Your Gonna love it here. ><[[[[º>

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Welcome Jose. For carp go with a light line. 8 to 12 test. Try a light slip sinker and a small hook. I like small trebles for Carp. I usually use canned sweet corn. Keep the drag on your reel fairly loose and when the Carp takes it tighten the drag and set the hook.

:0a26::0a23:

Mark.

11. etrevino050

etrevino050 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC. Well i would normally use about 10 # test line and as for bait i have had them hit on worms, minnows. corn and any type of sweet homeade bait. Heres a little idea of what to use... flower water and any type of red soda.:wink:

12. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    welcome to the boc, looks like they have got you on the right track. sweet corn works well. good luck

13. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Welcome aboard to the boc. For carp fishing, a basic and easy rig to use is the bolt rig. You can use this rig for cats and carp and it is very effective. You can use light sinkers if you want but because of your setup i will recomend at least a 1 oz sinker with 2 oz being the most. Try to look the rig up on google. Just type in bolt rig and im sure you will find a guide on how to tie it if you dont already know how.

Best of luck to you.

14. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    welcome there is lots of great info here like everyone else said corn is great i have had good results on flour mixed with cream corn also

15. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
  16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Jose! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :cool2: Good luck with your carp fishing bro.

17. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Welcome Jose try and use light line i use 12lb Sufix very good line. Some even go lighter. The reason is that have very good eyes and spook easy. Some one mentioned the bolt rig that is one rig you can use. Try smaller hooks again they will see it and not take it for the most part. Another rig is the hair rig. It is basically a hook with a piece of line hanging out of it. The idea is when they suck the baited line without the hook they will get hooked as they blow it out. ( they taste it first spit it out then inhale again). Corn is one way to go you can also use bread sprinkled with some vanilla extract. There are a lot of things. Try and do a search here you will find a lot of information. Not sure if you every caught one but if you manage to catch a 20lb on up you will be the one getting hooked...............:wink: on carp fishing..... Good luck......

18. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    welcome aboard to the boc

19. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana