Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend I met wasting time catching trout in Bellbrook this year went to a park pond in Kettering before I could get there got him on deermeat, garlic parmesan cheese doughball on 10 lb test and medium tackle. FJ is one happy camper. I finally got a 2 pounder out of the GMR fist flat since 10/08. I pic of me trying to pick it up LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course, FJ wouldn't kiss it but I did after the pics helped some water throughhis gills on the bank it swam off strong CPR! It's the same pond I caught the channel in my profile pic :) Hit a paylake with a fellow morel hunter I had never met this morning. I know paylake but I was invited, got a good eater channel 1-2 pounds which I now make steaks out of and bake and TJ, not FJ LOL it's confusing caught about a 12 pound flattie and then about 2 hours later I caught about a 12 pound flattie on blue gill head or midsection. The paylakers with telephone poles and stink baits were amazed. The fish had the exact same odd notch in the dorsal fin. TJ is convinced, I am unsure that it was the SAME fish. LOL, I hope Dale did better as he was skunked whenh we left. I will post pics of the flattie and a 13 inch shad I caught on ground turkey, courtesy of Dale. While at a paylake, do as paylakers do..at first...then go with what you know. I have never caught so many fish on parts of bluegill in ponds as I have this year, usually it's chubs or chub halves. Head, midsection, tail with some guts it's all good for me right now. At one place where they stock them between TJ FJ and I we have taken close to 50 I would say, some to another private pond, some to friends some home to eat. Good luck all and thanks for thr replies and thanks. Posted those pics on a morel forum now every morel hunter in Ohio wants to fish with Scotty LMAO God Bless. Off to get bait and hit the GMR this evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.