Hi .....first post

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bwallace, May 7, 2009.

1. Bwallace

Bwallace New Member

State:
    Troy North Carolina
    Hi all yall. I'm new to serious catfishing. Grew up on lake tillery. Now mainly fish badin lake via uwharrie forest access now. I've been having decent luck but biggest cat so far only 6 lbs. So I could use all the help I can get. Any info on falls reservoir greatly appreciated. Any montgomery county natives on here? Ben

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Benjie.

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. you came to the right place, there is a vast knowledge of catfishing in here. Im sure someone local will post on here and hook you up.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome to the BoC Ben. The NC boys will see this soon and give ya a hand I'm sure.

-Jim-

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC Benjie! You're in the right place brother for all the info you need to catch some quality fish. Only thing I can tell ya is try not to be too much of a "serious" a catfishermen...its a fun and relaxing time...you'll bust that 6lb mark in no time:wink:.

6. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC.

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Ben.. Your in NC, you'll be posting pics of PB Personal Best ) after PB and braggin about lastnights catch in no time. Your Local guys will get you out and on some fish in no time at all.. I wish you the best of Luck and look forward to seeing the PB's come rooling thru!!:wink:

8. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    welcome to the BOC Ben .

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Welcome Ben! you came to the right place for help!

10. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Welcome to the BOC! This is a great place to learn and is full of good folks.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Ben, first of all, I want to welcome you to the BOC. As for the area you requested advice on, I know very little, but I do know that there are some trophy fish in Badin and if I were you, that is where I would spend a lot of my time. We have a few fellows on the BOC that started out, just like you, catching the five and six pounders, now a year or so later, they have 50 to 60 pounds blues out of Badin in their avatars. Good luck and again, welcome to the BOC.

13. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    When you say Uwharrie access I assume your talking about fishing from the bank? that can be very hit and miss. off hand I would say target the Flatheads, you will catch some blues and badin has 10+ lb channel cats everywhere. also if you can fish toward the upper dam your chances from the bank improve greatly for big fish. the tuckertown dam has access just off hwy 49. you can park at the dam and walk down the river section or walk down the RR tracks and there are some other places near the tressle. there are alot of folks that primative camp from that area also.
    for bait, live hand size and smaller bait like bream/shad or what ever you can catch. If you can throw a cast net then throw it at upper dam from behind the rails and you should catch more bait than you need. If fishing for flathead remeber they are shallow and close to bank so dont come up like gang busters, slip in quite and fish close. sling some cut bait way out for the blues. that area is loaded with channel cats so you have a good chance at big fish everytime. I will add that the area is very popular among the mexicans there so sometimes it can get crowded but they mostly stay close to dam and fish for crappie and perch. I'm dont fish from bank but I anchor with-in casting distance and throw right up to it. look for blow downs and trees and such but be ready because when you hook one their gona try to take you straight in there. I would tell you about Uwharrie are but I just dont fish that area much. same thing would probably apply but I don't know. good luck to you and welcome to the BOC

PS look at the BOC Gathering section, gathering is in october at Arrowhead campground. (Uwharrie forest)
    good luck to you.

14. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Welcome to the BOC Ben!!

15. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Good post Jeff. I bring my Pitbull everywhere I go and most people stay very far away, LOL.

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Benjie.

17. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Jerry, Sorry for calling ya Jeff ; ) my bad.

-Jim-

18. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Benjie Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading your post.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

20. Bwallace

Bwallace New Member

State:
    Troy North Carolina
    And yes jeff I'm bank fishing for timebeing I have a boat. But my trim motor is in shop for now. So its not by choice. When you say use live bait. How are you guys hooking live bait. I've been having good luck on size 3 circle hooks. Baiting with large bass minnows hooked like a worm lol. Thanks again for all the help!