Hi fellows

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by fishhunter, Jun 22, 2006.

1. fishhunter

fishhunter New Member

State:
    lagrange,mo
    I'm a new member of the boc from lagrange mo. I'm really enjoying the sight. I do a lot of fishing on the big river especially since i can see it from my front door. i'm having a lot of trouble finding the bigger fish i can catch a lot fiddlers. i use mainly shad. i guess i need help finding the right place to fish. any help would be greatlly appreciated!

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Welcome to the BOC ...plenty of good people here that will help you when they can

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net!:big_smile:

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Jason. Someone will be along shortly to get you going.:lol:

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC, Jason.

6. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome Jason to the BOC.

7. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
  8. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You picked the right site. Now hang around a spell, you will be amazed of what you will learn.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC!!
    Finding the right spot is as easy as 1 2 3, once you read and deduce how to find them from the facts and conversations posted on this board. This place is amazing.
    There is more catfishing knowledge found on this site, than any other medium out there, so kick back, read and enjoy the ride.

10. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Welcome aboard. Check out the Missouri lakes and rivers threads, theres some good info on locating fish on there specific to the Missouri river etc.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :0a25: :0a22: Welcome to the BOC ,Your gonna love it here.lots of good info and awhole lot of good people on here. If you live in La Grange your in some pretty good fishing areas. .I don't know that much about LA Grange but I used to live in Qcy and used to go up to Meyer,Il. and fish that dike. BElieve me there is some big fish in that area. just got to find them. If you get the chance try talking to some of the guys on here from Qcy. They fish that area and I'm sure once they know your on here they will getyou lined out. Sorry I cant help you out more. How far from the Muddy do you live.?Again WELCOME !!

13. fishhunter

fishhunter New Member

State:
    lagrange,mo
    thanks alot i'm doing a lot of reading. Trying to learn some new tactics

14. fishhunter

fishhunter New Member

State:
    lagrange,mo
    about two blocks. I'm about 10 miles from quincy. any advice from the q city guys would be appreciated

15. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC Jason... Hope that you have had a chance to explore the posts and previous threads and have found a little help. A lot of times finding holes and big fish is a matter of trial and error!

Best of luck and Happy Trails

16. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Welcome to the BOC.

17. rocko

rocko New Member

State:
    missouri
    havent been here too long myself ,but welcome to the boc. hope you find everything you are looking for ,lotta smart people here . good luck on the water and be safe.

bill

18. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jason: welcome to the board, it's a good place.

WARNING....BOC Is addictive. There is no known cure.

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Jason! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. Glad to have you here!:smile2:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome aboard Jason. They can, and do, catch some nice fish up your way. Shad is a good bait to use as well. What size shad do you use? Do you use cut baits at all? As a general rule of thumb, Big Baits = Big Fish. I fish the river just south of STL, and I use 10 inch shad, 10-12 inch pieces of cut carp etc. Large chunks of SkipJack Herrings work well at times also. If you are using 3-5 inch Threadfin Herrings as bait, your catch will predominately consists of smaller fish 2-10 pounds with an occasional nice fish. If you switch to alot larger baits, you should catch alot larger fish, but you wont get near as many bites, and you will take alot of skunkings. Thats part of goin for the biggins, at least around here. What type of rigging are you using? Most folks around here either use a three way rig, or carolina rig. As well, if you are fishing around Lagrange you have a lock and dam up at Canton about 10 miles north of you that should hold large fish year round. Keep us posted.