Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by puppypal, Jul 21, 2008.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I love to fish for anything! LOL My hubby loves the Arkansas river and really prefers to wait on the big ones....His last catch was a 16lb cat out of one of them Lock and Dams (?)
    What I was wondering is Is there a place where there is slack water for me to fish on the river and a place that is rough enough for my hubby to catch the big ones?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not familar with your area, but I know someone will take care of you soon.

Welcome to the boc, this site is full of great info and people. we look forward to hearing your fishing stories

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glen Welcome to the BOC/SOC, from So. Illinois. Looking forward to reading your posts.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    below any of the dams on the arkansas river from ok state line to where it runs into the missippi.

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Sorry I could of been a bit more specific! LOL We live around thirty minutes outside of Little Rock.......Arkansas. But I don't mind traveling for fishing....

6. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC Glen, great to have another Arkansas woman that loves to fish. Good luck out there fishing Have fun and be safe. Join us in chat some evening, TC

Cassk

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC Glen! I'm sure some the Arkansas members will be along soon to help ya out with your question.

8. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Glen , first welcome to the boc . I live about 45 miles south of littlerock ,outside of sheridan in grapevine . We go to the river in pine bluff arkansas that has a nice park and lots of calm slack water at the park and around the ben it joins the great arkansas river . It sits inbetween lock and dam # 5 & 4 . it offers some great fishing of all species and some great catfish . On the bank of # 4 yesterday i seen some flatheads , channels and some strypers caught in the same area . So just giveing you my spot of choice . come and join us .............Robert & Regina

9. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Try Cook's Landing, off of Crystal Hill Road. Also there is a place out under the I-40 bridge (sounds crazy, I know, but we've caught them there before). It's near Maumelle Park.

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there. Don't know anything about your area but it looks like you have gotten some good tips for you and your husband to try in te previous posts.

11. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I appreciate the friendly welcome and the ideas you all have given. tallmanurus I have some firiends that just bought a home in grapevine and others I know...LOL Small world. Teehhee
    I just might talk DH into going to pine bluff this weekend. He did mention it was gettn a bit hot! But I can take it if the fish are biting! Thanks again to everyone for the welcome:wink:

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome to the HOOD!:smile2:

13. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC Glen. Be sure and check out the library there are alot of good ideas and tips in there.

Also check out the BOC diner. You'll find tons of recipes in there to try.

And now that your a full fledged member we'll look for you to join us for the Arkansas member gathering next spring. That's where we all meet up and get to actually put eyes to everyones face on here and we do some fishing too. We all have a really good time at the gatherings. Hope you and your hubby can join us next year.