Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Ack, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Ack

Ack New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I live near Tulsa and have a boat on Tenkiller. I fish all over Tenkiller with the boat, and anywhere else I can from the bank. I haven't really figured out how to catch catfish in the winter when it's cold, so if you have any tips I'd love them! If I don't start hooking up soon I may have to just try to figure out how to catch trout on the Illinois river until spring.

Anyone have any tips for places to go and what to use to catch catfish in the winter by boat on Tenkiller or from the bank near Tulsa or on Ft. Gibson or Greenleaf?

If not, anyone have tips for catching trout in the Illinois just below the dam where they stock it? I don't have a fly rig, just basic rod and reel.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Hi John and welcome to the BOC. I am sure there are a bunch of folks on here that can answer your questions.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Welcome to the BOC

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John Welcome to the BOC. You will be come adictive to this site.:0a25::0a25::0a22:

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Welcome to The BOC John. :big_smile:

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Congrats at finding us! I am sure you will learn a lot and have lots of fun all the same! Welcome!

7. Ack

Ack New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks everyone. I think I'm getting addicted already!

8. tdheater

tdheater New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't know much about the winter catfish on tenkiller but I can catch trout below the dam all day long. I fish two spots, just below the dam area. I won't tell you my spots, though not hard to figure out by everyone else who fishes down there. Look for everyone else and you are close. I use powerbait eggs in some combination of yellow and/or white and smetimes pink. Line size is the most important factor, 4lbs florocarbonv is what I use. I've stood right next to someone, rigged the same way, no bites. 18 inch leader of floro, bites all the time. If they are running water, forget it, I've yet to catch much then. Just my 2 cents worth.

9. Ack

Ack New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks! What size hooks do you use on the trout there?

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC John... You came to right place looking for catfishing info... Trust me you will have your answers in no time... alot of guys fish for winter blues here.. Im not one of them.. YET! but im sure they can lead you in to the right direction..

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    John/ Tobey, welcome to the BOC/SOC:cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library a lot of good info in there. The blues are biting well on Kerr Lake in Oklahoma so the bite should be good as well at Fort Gibson and Tenkiller. Most fish are coming off of drop offs and 30 to 40 ft. water but we were also catching them on 4 and 5 ft. flats the other day. Catch some fresh shad and it shouldn't take you long to locate some active fish. If you don't know the area watch for the feeding birds early in the morning they will locate some fish for you as well.

12. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Welcome to the boc.

14. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Welcome aboard John

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC John...from Kentucky

16. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Glad to have you as part of the BOC family
    Sharon

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome aboard..............!

18. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC John. Lots of good folks and info here.

19. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Welcome to the BOC.

20. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the B.O.C. from IN. lots of good stuff on here ! :0a25::0a25::0a23: