Hi, anyone fish Lake Casitas in California

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KWSMITH, Jun 27, 2006.

1. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hello everyone,
    Was just wondering if anyone has ever fished Lake Casitas for catfish? Used to live in that area of the woods before I joined the Navy in 1982.

2. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sory Ken I can't help,never heard of it...

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    How it's going KW,
    I myself never fished Lake Casitas Before (being from Nor. Cal), but I use to her about that lake alot when it came down to Black Bass fishing. But I'm sure there are some nice Cats in there. Some of the members from down that way will be able to answer that for question for you (I'm sure of that) & you will be hearing from them Buddy.
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

4. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    I have fished for bass there before but never targeted the big channels is what i belive is in there.I seen a guy bring in a 32lber using dead shad anchored off of a point in about 20-30ft of water.I hear dead or live shad work very well for the cats if you can score them,also get big bass on shad too.You can also use conventional cat baits too like mackeral and sutch.When it rains I hear fishing the runoff areas is good.And the shad is up now,I hear people are dip netting them early in the marina area.Although you might just get more bass than cats on the shad.But the bass guys always get big cats as bycatch.Im sure others who acually fish there for cats can give you more help.But they do have alot of big healthy cats up there.
    Billy.

5. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the inputs

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    A buddy of mine fished there a few times this year and his biggest was a 21 pound channel. He also caught a few double digit channels there as well but it was a slow bite. Like one fish days but it was a good size one. I have not fished it yet, but will give it a shot a few times in the future.