Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
381 - 393 of 393 Posts

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
For God's sake PythonMan got my shorts on, now for the jeans. Cool your thrusters and relax John.

I am an old man. Intelligent, not alzihermish, nor deluded, just slow.

Your check bounced by the way. Something about insufficient funds. Seems that the denominations you deposited did not have Obamas face on them, therefore no good. Get with the program Python.

I by the way like turkey. And stuffing. And mashed potatoes. And pecan pie. Don't like to kill them in any macho way, just buy mine in the store. Will get back to you when you have deposited the correct dinero (whoops that is another problemo), uh, the correct NEW ORDER currency.

How come Lee's picture ain't anywhere?

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
Say Doc,
What kind of a scam are you running here.

I checked with my bank and they say the check was cashed sometimes back just after I sent it to you.

Lots of people like turkey.
I prefer mine with dressing and gravy and some cranberry sauce on the side.
Pecan pie is good but so are a dozen others, sweet potatoe, pumpkin, lemon,cherry, peach and apple are just a few..........

So whats your point here Doc and what has Lee's picture got to do with anything ??
If you would like a picture of him I can send you one but whats the point ?

Oh and by the way right now my checks are still good in all the stores ,,ain't no pictures on them either..

My hand is still on the throttle...........

opj

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
John, as you know if you are adept at following a variety of threads that I have had some serious personal problems. Those are not resolved and if resolved means I will be broke at the age of 64. No time to start over again. So it is the poor house for me. I would look good at the county poor farm.

Soooooooooo, please respect the fact that I have gone to great emotional lengths to concoct some answers for you about Turkeys. I will not speak about you John. Just Real Turkeys, the ones that gobble gobble and spike ya when you go to pick them off the ground after you have blown their heads to smithereens.

Your first question John.............

"Why do hunters put so much importance on the size, weight and spurs of a Tom Turkey?"

John, John, John as a man you should have this question down pat. Why do men put such importance on what is behind their zipper John? Size, John. Bragging rights John. In my experience John, as a man about the world of macho guys it is always SIZE. Some men lack SIZE and they go about their lives killing things, catfish, turkeys, hamsters that are BIG. so they can hang them on the wall or take pictures or eat them. Makes up, psychologically for any shortcomings they might have.

2nd question you asked John.............

"Whats the difference in eating between a Tom and a Jake?"

This actually is a Dr Phil question John. I could give an answer that the most professional monitor would not allow. With our monitors here there are some iffy ones, so let me answer the question for you John that will pass muster. Age John. Age makes all the difference in eating. The older the more tough, ugly and abused. Young ones John, are the best. Soft, tender and juicy. Always go for the young ones John.

Hope this helps your friend John, John.

Later.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Man oh man!I,m home sick,can,t get out fishing for another couple days.Stumbled on down to this section of the BOC.There,s something STRANGE going on here!I,m getting the HELL OUT OF HERE!:crazy:

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
Pat, lad, don't bail just yet on one post you have read. We are kind of like a good book here. Gotta get past the first coupla pages to really get to know us.

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
Pat, lad, don't bail just yet on one post you have read. We are kind of like a good book here. Gotta get past the first coupla pages to really get to know us.
Yea Pat!

Me and old John go back a long way.
Why we even write to one another by the way of e mail.

Ain't gonna tell ya what we talk about there.

Why we even had a spittin thing going once:eek:oooh:

We just poking at each other in a friendly way.

Asked him some questions about the turkey birds and waited forever for the answers

Yep !
He's like me .........

SLOW and old.!!!:crazy::smile2:.

He's slower that smoke off dog $H___ on a cold winter morning..

So yea Pat hang around till ya get to know us OFS we just palyin :angry::crazy::smile2:.

Hey Doc.

Hate to hear your having problems.

And BTW the poor house ain't so bad..

Been here done that.

opj

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
OK Doc !
Lets break the ice here.
I am gonna try this again.
No fooling this time.
My dog Jen , the Border Collie has developed a lump on her throat just below her left ear.
When I first reiazed it was there it was about the size of a quarter or maybe less and I took her to the vet, he said that he thought it it was a swolen lymph node caused by a bad tooth or some sort of infection, he offered no medication.

A month later this thing has almost doubled in size.
I took her back to the vet he looked at it and said it looked like a cyst and that he could cut it out and it would be a one day deal.

My question is that since it went from being a lymph node to a cyst.

Is this a pretty common thing?

The last dog I had that I took to the vet (not the same one ) the vet assured me that it was done all the time.....Old boy never made it home:sad2::angry::eek:oooh: Took his word and lost my dog...:eek:oooh: .

Now the new vet is telling me the same song about Jen..

What should I do ??

All lumped up in Florida :sad2:

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
OPJ, just got your message on the answering machine. Will be back in the morning early to give you my quantitative, qualitative and expensive answer. Meanwhile, a shot of warm whiskey and two aspirins should get ya to the morning. Don't know what to do for the dog though. LOL.

Later, Doc.

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
Baaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Border Collie, pretty dogs. Crazy but pretty.

John, you are getting strung here. Rarely do you have a lymph node enlargement from a tooth on the lower jaw. An abscess perhaps but the LN's will not usually swell.

I'd opt for a cyst from your description. But the kind of cyst is important. Diagnosis without seeing or hands on is cause for a lawsuit. But you seem a good lad and you are retired fireman so I doubt you will sue me. Ain't charging ya anyhow and I am broke so ya aren't going to get anything if ya do.

You could have a half dozen reasons that this "swelling' is occurring. But the first thing that comes to my mind is a salivary cyst. Sublingual salivary cyst to be exact. Can be a fatty tumor, or foreign body or on and on. Get a Vet with brains instead of mouth and the problem is diagnosed and then solved. The brains is the hard part.

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
Garcieus Ralphel..

Thats Southern Spanish in cace ya di't know.

The vet will shapen his knife on Tuesday and remove it on Wensday.

Come hell or high water she should be the better for it ,,,,,
acordind to him,,, on Saturday.

My luck is that if she has any complications it will be on the the week-end :eek:oooh:

Oh BTW Doc thanks for the free advice...:roll_eyes:

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Doc., enlighten me if you can about something. Back in the old days and mostly likely in rural parts of the country now, people did/do not take their dogs or cats to the vet., but they do have the vet to come out for the large animals. The dogs get fed table scrapes, pot liquor, corn bread and biscuits and the cats get left over spoiled milk and all the mice and birds that they can catch. Yet, they seem to fair as well as their city neighbors. Why is that?

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #393 ·
Mac, that is difficult to explain and yet it is not.

Actually it is COMMON SENSE.

The healthiest most adjusted animals I have seen in the years I was doing it professionally are rural animals. Obviously the large animal stuff couldn't be found in town but the dogs and cats were an equal thing in each place. Typically a rural animal had a job to do, mousing, herding, guarding, etc. They were not often "pets" per se, but thought of as an economic necessity and tolerated.

Think if it, an animal who actually had a job and freedom and a never ending source of exercise. Who wouldn't be healthier.

Diet extremely important, varied and natural, exercise, low population densities per animal, no day the same, boredom to a minimum. Created a better mental state and in an important way less stress.

Don't get me wrong, disease is disease and it shows up everywhere no matter the location. Rural diseases different than urban disease's, but an animal in the country is an animal and not something else they are considered in the city.

381 - 393 of 393 Posts