Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
361 - 380 of 393 Posts

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Roach, took me all night. Finally found the reference page I needed on page 246 paragraph 4 of the Sisson Book, Vertebrate Anatomy for Neophytes.

That creature is Gods' answer to the human crab louse (Pthirus pubis), contracted by those impure humans who inhabit train stations, beer joints, sleazy hotels and the Halls of Congress. This creature is known as Pthirus giganticus eatemallofus. That creature is the answer to the coming of the Lord Roach, whatever it takes, you MUST find a mate for that critter. You MUST take control and get that creature to trust you and love you. Breed them and breed them; throw out your guitars and band stuff, expand your garage and add tanks and cages. They shall need human blood by the gallon. Easily found in your neighborhood lying in the alleys. You will need thousands upon thousands of them.

Once their numbers are sufficient, starve them for 3 days to make them mean and hungry. Sharpen their claws with a nail file, much like you would resharpen a circle hook, and they are ready.

They are the answer to our salvation. They can be used to defeat the Russians, the Muslims, the Chinese, Obama, and if you are a Democrat will even take care of Rush Limbaugh. They are your guardian Roachy. Better than pitbulls. Get rid of all of the Pymethrins in the house and pet them each day.

Do not euthanize that critter Roach, be gentile and he will not crush anything on you or bite it off.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ughh erhhhh ahhhmmmm I thought you said to boil it til it was nice deep red and snarfel it up as fast as I could???:embarassed:
Curses Foiled again!!!!

So does this mean the Lord aint comin now?:eek:oooh:
Ohh shit now what is me gonna do?

I got two st christopher's and a book of matches, a half pack of marlboro lights and a wee bit of Beulah May's panty pudding I held back (purely for scientific reasons) oh yeah and three tic tacs and a wad of A, B, C Gum!
Reckon I can interest the Lord in some of that?:sad2:

I'm a thinking ya may want to throw me a paddle here Doc looks like I just hit the shit creek rapids, and I think I jest may have shit myself!!
Shellfish does that to me sometimes:wink:

I still got that tree bass I caught back in 04, wonder if they need him to terrorize the river of life up in heaven, after all it's got to be boring catching a trophy fish on every cast, and just walking on the water til you're right on top of him and snaggin him out:crazy:

Oh yeah since I'm here what do ya recommend to floss this critter's teeth with? He must have had 300 or more hooks and they all looked like big George's snells lol. guess he used to swim the banks of jersey afore I caught him!

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
You guys wanna talk about crabs ?
Here is a real crab for you.
3 feet from head to tail and 40 pounds.
This one learned how to rob trash cans.
Talking about dumpster diving!
Gotta be careful here in Florida. :eek:oooh:

opj

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
Been awhile since I have been in here. Over the time I have been a member I have come to know some cowboys on here. S'West Cowboys, S' Cowboys, SE Cowboys, we will ignore those Cowboys from New Jersey.

Apparently all fishermen, but I wonder if any of them ever rope a quarry instead of sticking it with a hook and just pretend they are cowboys. I have lariated many of them over the years and then wrestled with them to take care of them.

If you were in a pen of milling calves or steers or heifers or cows, don't want to be in a pen of milling bulls, up against a board fence or wire, how would you lariat them?

Would you use braided or twisted rope? Would you use nylon or natural fiber like hemp or cotton? Would you throw underhanded or circle overhead? Would you use a hondo in this confined area or would you use a hand tied slip knot? Would you lasso a polled animal different than an unpolled animal?

Where would you put your snubbing post, center stage or toward a corner? Do you want any others in the pen with you?

What are ya gonna charge per hour to get yourself nearly killed? How many beers ya got to have before you to do this? Maybe you would simply rather be fishing.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I'm not a cowboy, and don't trust livestock, so I would use a harpoon, and a heavy winch. Would have to think hard about where to place the shot. I guess in the chuck. It could still be ground up even with a hole in it.

Oh...speaking of chuck. Every now and again, I will run across a chuck roll with an abscess. It can't be seen at first, but after it is cut, the next day, a small grey spot becomes visible on the roasts. It's always in the same spot. Not common, but not uncommon. I was wondering, John, is this an injection site that has festered for some reason? I often wonder why it's not immediately visible. Wonder if there is something in it that reacts with oxygen. I know people don't want to hear about it, but there is nothing we can do about it. It just happens, and it doesn't matter what brand or grade of beef it is...it happens. Is that where beef is typically injected?

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
I allways preferred a medium hard lay nylon rope myself. Throw that sucker in hoolihand fashion at said critter ,If theres a snubbin post ,I prefer it be smak in the middle of the pen. If I have one extra person handy The y are a help getting the cow critter to turn the direction wanted. Sorta use them as a hazer.

Matt,You dont reckon that grey mass might be a lympth node ? do ya.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I didn't punch that "DOGGIE" :wink: Remember that lite beer commercial with Billy Martin? LOL!

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
"Reloaded with Phosphorous" might have it there Matt.

An injection site abscess typically is that. A walled off mattery to pus filled pocket with some reddness around it. A LN would be grey and meaty in texture but softer than the meat around it. Now if a LN (lymph node) were that obvious you might want to check other parts of that chuck you have in hand. Hopefully what might have caused that LN to be enlarged was contained in the last piece of meat you sold to somebody you didn't like.

PS: I like the idea of that harpoon. Preferably a charged one with some of that Phosphorous that Reload uses.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Idunno....It's not a gland. It's soft...like pus, but you can't see it 'till some time later when it turns grey. Pretty gross. It's right in the muscle. Now, I have seen swolen, glandular looking masses between muscle layers...that resemble a tumor that could be a swollen lymph node.

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
Knock ! Knock!

Anybody home ?

Say Doc just stopped by to ask a question or two.

You know here lately I've become a big time turkey hunter.....:roll_eyes::smile2: and have a few questions about the workings of ole Tom.

The other day we cleaned a 21 lb Tom he was apparently an older bird, had inch and a quarter spurs and the beard was 9/12 inches,I only know this cause there were some who were asking those type questions so I obliged them with the answers.

Why do hunters put so much importance in the the size, weight, and spurs of a Tom Turkey ?

Ya can't eat those beautiful feathers.

Is there a dish I don't know anything about that can be made from the spurs ?? ..

Once the bird is cleaned you only have maybe 10-12 pounds od bird for cooking.

Another question is :

Whats the difference , when eating a turkey, in a big Tom or a Jake ?

Now I already know that some are going to say that tenderness is going to be a factor, young bird vs old tough bird.

My personal opinion on that is..... its how you cook the birds.

Gotta go for now but I'm curious as to what the answers are.

Have more questions but will get to those next time.

Later Doc Aka TOFF.

opj

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
Where ya been? I ain't answering those questions till I know you are alive to read them. If you are not alive you can't pay me for the answers.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Idunno, John. Kasha has these pimply-looking things near her mouth. I guess they are sore 'cause she don't want them to be touched. Don't know if the cat clawed her, or if it's bug bites...or what. I suspect she will survive, though.

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·
Mornin' Matt.

Ah dermatology, a Veterinarians way to pay for college for his kids. Their patients never die and they don't get better without the client spending a lot of money.

Each breed or class of dog (long haired vs short haired) has some specific disease entity. Your dog Kasha's breed (Pitbull) has it's share. Typically nutritional or involving demodectic mange (That's not Democratic mange, altho I know some mangy Democrats).

Off the top my noggin I doubt anything serious, altho if these things become infected or irritated by scratching some real bacterial problems can ensue. More than likely if she's a chewer or a chew toy dog she could have irritated and opened the skin. Could have been the cat, altho why some dumba$$ cat wants to get that close to a pits mouth I will never know. Keep me informed. leave it alone, and i mean alone for now, just be aware of it by visually observing it.

Yours in peace and love. John.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Thanks, John. It's about time for her shots anyways, so the vet will see it soon enough.

Here's a blurry pic just for poops and giggles.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
OPJ, now switch hands and go 6,7,8,9,10. After you practice that for a bit, we will start with the toes. :smile2:

:eek:oooh::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::crazy::crazy::smile2::smile2:

Well youse guys might want to turn your speakers up real loud and see just whats headed to the DOCS place.

F Berry S-5a.mp3:.........Check it out with your mouse....

Hey Doc you might want to put your drawers on and be thinking about what I asked you.
Iam tired of being put off!!
I sent you a ckeck!!

Ya just might want to look out your window and see whats heading your way!!

HEY GEORGE:

I forgot where you told me brakes were ?????????

DOC what the @@@$$** are you doing in ther necked any way???

But right now I am on a freight train and headed straight for your place and ifin you don't put your shorts back on and give me some kind of an answer I am gonna steer this thing right up in your living room and show you what a F..... BERRY
looks like!!!

DON"T LOOK ETHEL...........!!!

REAL UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL !!!

Ya know what I mean ???

Heres looking at ya Doc!

to be continued.........

opj

361 - 380 of 393 Posts