HHO Gas

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FREESPOOL, Apr 16, 2008.

1. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    havent ever seen it but its cool thank you for sharing it with us

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    YEP, hey Dan, if you look up a thread by Gene ummm, wildwolf fellar, he is working on doing this with a vehicle, very interesting stuff........

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    And you'll burn more energy generating it than you'll ever save.

I didn't watch your video but you are probably talking about a hydrogen generator.....right?:wink:

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Maybe true but if it is water, it would have to be better and eventually cheaper wouldn't it?

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    If you are talking about the hydrogen generator that uses electricity to produce hydrogen from water, yes it works but like any system it is not 100 percent effcient so you get less energy out than you put in. All it amounts to is that you are using electricty(which was produced with fossil fuels most likely) and changing forms but losing some energy in the process.

6. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    On the video, one of the guys says the cost of water and electricity to run it all day costs him about $7. For welding and cutting purposes I thought it was interesting. Supposed to be much cheaper than acetelene. And safer since it's "on demand". They were cutting steel with it, sweating pipes, melting glass. Aparantly reaching temps of like 10000 degree melting Tungstun. I thought it was cool. :cool2:

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    "As a result of the 1974 decision, France now claims a substantial level of energy independence and almost the lowest cost electricity in Europe. It also has an extremely low level of CO2 emissions per capita from electricity generation, since over 90% of its electricity is nuclear or hydro"

They still talk funny, but no worries about creating more CO2 by generating hydrogen than you save by fueling your car with hydrogen:wink:

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I have to agree with ya Dan, It looks to me as it would pay for it self time and again in that field of work, even something as simple as farm use, Doesn't take long to blow through a tank of gas when cutting and welding.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    hehehe Fire, Fire, hehehe That does sound pretty cool. I'd pay $7 a day to be able to melt glass and tungsten (or anything else). Heck, I'd cancel my satellite and break even, destruction with fire is much more entertaining than TV:big_smile:

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    What the H**l are you doing out there in KALI4niA? Heat Stroke or 18 pack and Bevis and butthead reruns :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: I fear them fruitoids are rubbin off :eek:oooh:

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nah, I got to the office at 5:30AM for system testing, got back to the hotel around 9AM, answered email, had a conference call from 10 to 1130AM, then meetings from noon till 5 offsite. Got back to the office at 5:30PM, installed a maintenance database, did some testing on it, then went to dinner with my boss and some customers at 6:30.

Just got back to my room to finally get some sleep at 9:30, I have to back in at 5:30AM for more testing, then meetings till noon, catch up on email and phone calls till around 3PM, then a flight to KC connecting through Dallas. I should be home around 1AM Friday morning.

So yeah, setting stuff on fire sounds good about now:smile2:

12. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    A guy at work has bought a "kit" or a manual or something like that to build and install one on his car. He claims it will increase his mileage 50%. It is powered off his alternator, so it is relatively a "free" source of electricity, although a certain amount of fuel is required to crank all those amps to power the electrolysis plate....it is beyond me to figure it out. If it works for him, I'll let you guys know. I can see how it would work, but I keep thinking my truck will look like the Hindenburg on wheels!