Hey yall

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Nov 16, 2009.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    I live in sc now, but I am comming back home to fish turkey day, Anyone been fishing around fort loudon dam area?? Reports please....

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Naw I mainly just stick around old hickory.. never made it to a lota the eastern reservoirs.

3. festus

festus New Member

No David, I haven't fished fished Ft. Loudoun Dam in a few weeks. Are you off the entire Thanksgiving week? If so, I may be able to get down there early in the week, Mon, Tue, or Wed, not sure how my Thanksgiving week schedule will be yet. I fish Melton Hill Dam much more often because bank access is much better plus it's about 10-15 minutes closer.

Believe it or not, the last time I went to Ft. Loudoun Dam was carp fishing. I think it was the first time I'd intentionally fished for carp since I was a kid. Got two, one about 8 pounds and another almost 10 pounds. Used strawberry Jello doughballs. We fished the lock side, also caught some fiddler catfish and small yellow bass on nightcrawlers. I ran into a friend in a boat who had two friends with him and they'd caught about 23 rockfish. He was complaining because he couldn't keep the catfish off his striper baits. :roll_eyes:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  4. festus

festus New Member

Let me add something, catfishing at night has been very good at Melton Hill Dam and seems to slow or stop about 9:00 am to 10:00 am. My schedule only allows me to fish down there from daylight until about 3:00 pm, so I'm not there during prime time.

5. festus

festus New Member

Yes, today I talked to someone and he said there's pretty good fishing down there right now for stripers and catfish. He also said he had caught a few saugers down there but there were very few keepers, mostly little fish about a foot long. Hopefully some bigger sauger will drift in soon.