Hey Whistler (or anyone else) a question about your livers!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Sunburn, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    I don't use livers often because like a lot of others I've had trouble with keeping them on a hook. I read in the library how you cure yours in the sun and with you dehydrator. Very good idea sir. My question is: after curing, can they be frozen withour ill effect? Perhaps a silly question some might say. But hey, if ya don't ask, ya don't know right? Thanks for any help and your time. Phil...

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    No they don't have to be put in the freezer. I put mine in a ziplock bag and then put that inside a plastic bowl and keep in the frig. They can also be kept out of the frig. They work great.... Good luck...

3. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    try treble hooks or wrape them in a piece of panyhouse good luck

4. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    to answer the actual question that you asked i would say yes
    you can freeze them without worrying to much about lessening the effectiveness. as with most things too long and i would say they will taste like freezer. but i have froze them for a couple months probably with no problem

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Phil,

I only copied most of those articles over from the old board. If you look at the top of the page of the article, you'll see who originally posted it. Tea does a lot of liver curing and I know he won't pass up an opportunity like this to post something of substance!! LOL J/K Tea!! He'll be along soon to help you out.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Here's a trick that Big George taught me and it works like a charm! Go to the arts and crafts store and buy some elastic thread, the kind they use for bead necklaces. Next put your raw Liver on your hook, Then simply wrap the liver around the hook with the thread about a dozon times and pull tight, no need to tie it as it will not come off. Now you can sling livers to you hearts desire! LOL

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Here is a picture of the Liver wrapped with the thread on a 8/0 circle hook. Believe me this works perfectly and no liver comes off the hook when casting. Yes there is a ton of liver on this hook but Big George's philosphy is "Give those cats something to look at". After fishing with him I have to agree with his philosophy! LOL

Attached Files:

8. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Bryan didn't you catch that cat fish the other night on livers, what did you have it fixed up with ??

9. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Hey sunburn, the best way to ruin a batch of good liver is to let it lay out in the sun with any foriegn substance sprinkled on it, fresh and bloody is the way to go my friend.

egg