Hey we are in serious need of a can of PLEGDE in this forum!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Howie Ketchdem, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

this michigan forum makes me wanna puke, why is nobody in the michigan forum ever. we have more boats registered than any other state and no new posts guess ill have to tell my honey holes to the buckeyes!!

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    mickey,

We have some sweet BOC flyers you can print off and hang at the local marina. Word gets out, it will pick up fast!

Thanks,
    Paul

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Where's the link to the Flyers?

4. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Givem hell!!! And why you are at it turn that anger at Iowa also. Worse than a morgue!!!:eek:oooh:

5. Howie Ketchdem

we have shloads of awsome catfishing in michigan and no body to share spots with i guess this just makes it easier for me to catch fish,darn, im not argueing maybe this is good for me?

6. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    All your buddies are out fishing while your playin on the 'puter :smile2:

7. avitem1949

avitem1949 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    as a born michigander(?) stuck in buckeye country,and a new guy, where do these holes exist around Columbus????
    Howard M

8. Howie Ketchdem

Hey howard cant help ya out there buddy never fished columbus area, fished the maumee river thats as far south as ive been. But hey welcome to the site and you should be able to find some help looking for holes down that way theres is lots of folks on here from that area.

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I have that problem in North Mississippi but putting out flyers ain't gonna help it any.I know guys who if they have a computer won't use it or if they don't have one say "I got by all my life without a computer and sure don't need one now".My best friend has one but won't "mess with it",those are his words.I tried for years but I gave up on it cause it's worse than fishin' in a bucket,you don't lose any gear but it sure is a waste of good bait.

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just because one has a boat don't necessarily make one a fisherman.
    There's more than a couple of Brothers from Michigan...:big_smile:

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I have the same problem here in upstate N.Y.I see them on here in the early spring and then poof there gone till next spring. I seem to be the only active member in the whole State. It can be a little discouraging , but i refuse to give up. Ive got a BOC decal on the back of my truck and i talk to everyone i can about the BOC. I cant be the only catfishing fanatic in N.Y. state. Recruting new members is like fishing, you throw the bait out and hope for the best. I just dont understand why those that join dont participate more often, so i can understand how you feel Mickey. Just hang in there Buddy!!

12. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Weather you now it or not there are several of us that love cats! Sparky, Sal,Tony, Vic, and me and some others i have not met! But fall is the time when most forget about cat,s and look for squriles deer and turkeys walnut,s pearch smallmouth salmon trout crappie big bull gills don,t hate us LIVE AND LET LIVE!! Hear kitty

13. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Amen Don, most of us have a multitude of other reponsibilties as well and when the plate fills up something has to fall off the edges and hopefully they are the things of lesser importance. This is a lesson I learned the hard way and still have to check myself on. Nothing wrong with the BOC or any other hobby as long as it does not steal from higher priorities. I will be on more when I have time to be on more, but right now I am feeling like a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest. Anybody doing any good in the woods?

14. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    the only complaint i have about living in MI is what to chase during the fall months. first and formost, I need venison for the freezer. I just can't seem to pass up an opportunity to chase kings on the white or the rouge rivers. It is getting cold enough now where i can enjoy letting my bassett hound chase a few bunnies to help the freezer fill up. there is no better time to catch trophy northern pike then on a clear cold oct. afternoon.

So those of you who think this site has no support here in MI can just kiss my A#$.

and now i want to say I'm sorry for losing my temper.

How goes it Don? Have you heard from Sparky lately? Or how about Sal?

15. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Well said Jon! We are still alive, and always looking forward to being on the rivers for some cattin'. I just put my boat away for the winter :angry:. Had a chance to do some smallmouth fishin in the flat river on my last trip out, and caught a couple nice ones! My son had a ton of fun with his light gear spinning rig, it's hilarious watching a 5yr old reel in a decent fish. His facial expressions are priceless! Caught 3 small northerns as well!

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    come on down to the great state! and hook up with me and skip! we will show, take you, and make sure all is good! i know we have talked briefly, and you and the s-man talked one night. still more than happy on meeting up for some cattin....you would rather be in this state after we come up there to hand the blue another Appy State A$$ Kickin!!!!!! lol rollo

BUCKEYES!!!!! ummm...no one cares about the woverweinies!!!!!

17. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I hear you guys loud and clear! I must admit that when it comes to fall fishing, I'm kind of a no show. The 15th of September, puts a gun in my hands and it usually doesn't leave til late winter or early Spring. Of course Turkey Season opens up the third week in April.
    This coming Spring, I plan on going down to Mississippi for thier opener, 15 March.
    As of late though, I have been in the farm field trying to get the last of the potatoes out of the ground. There is a light rain this morning, so there will be no spud diggin, but the squirrels will being running around on the forest floor, so I think I'll have a little bisquits and gravey and head to the woods.
    Be safe everyone!
    Sparky

18. Howie Ketchdem

hey i didnt meen to ruffle any feathers i just never see anybody from michigan doing any talking i figured there was some bros out there from michigan but just had never met any on here and was constantly meeting people from ohio, just thought it was kind of weird

19. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hay everyone SAl said for me to say hi for him!