Hey Tommy, Blackwaterkats

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MUDHOLE KID, Sep 13, 2007.

1. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    We're coming down week of the 22th of this month. Staying at Harry's. I know thw water is low, but how low in feet. I've been down there when it was about 3 feet low. I'm sure the ramp at Harry's is still good. With the water that low , they've had to have been pulling water. I don't mind the low water, Hartwells down about 7-8 feet.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It is a little over 5ft low and steady dropping 1inch a day so it will be around 6ft low by then. I will be down there myself then and I plan on staying in the canal and fish in the lower lake. I will be on Ch69 give me a hollar.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The level this AM is 71.72 ft or 4 1/2 ft below full pool.Last time I saw it that low you could walk out 50 ft from any of Harrys docks and be on dry land.!!!!:eek:oooh:Good news is that it looks like some rain is coming in for the next couple of days.We need a Tropical storm to bring some serious rainfall to the region.Harrys ramp is tricky at low water you have to angle down the left side (facing) or use the deep water ramp.I prefer Hills because they lengthend theirs the last time the water was low.Be careful lots of thing sticking up or just under the surface now.:smile2:

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    What Jim said, Joey. I haven't been to Harry's in a couple of weeks, but may be that way in the next (working) day or two, depending on weather. I'll let you know how it looks if I do.
    Here is a link to the lake level: https://www.dnr.sc.gov/pls/hydro/river.dataform?stnid=02171000 or call 1-800-92LAKES for daily updates.

Santee Cooper is required to spill a minimum flow into the Santee River at Wilson Landing, and right now that is more than the inflow into the upper lake, so, yes, the lake continues to drop daily until we get some rain way upstream.

5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Thanks men for the heads up. We'll fish the canal, for the biggest part, but may hit the river channel too,Thanks again.

6. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Joey, I was on Lake Marion Friday, but didn't get to post until now. Harry's landing is still ok, but of course the lake is nearly 4' low, so you may see some stumps you haven't seen before out on the lake. :wink: There doesn't seem to be too much going on in the canal, unless it is later in the day when water is being pulled. I would check out the shallows at night, and definitely check those deeper ledges during the day. Good luck on your trip. For lake levels, call 1-800-92LAKES.

7. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    If we do the canal it will be durning the night, all night most likely.Thanks Tommy, Jim and the rest of you fellas

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Marion is at 71.25 this AM.Thats almost 5 feet below full pool.This does give one the opportunity to see some structure in the lower lake particularly north of the markers.Gives you an appreciation of how close to your lower unit those stumps are even at full pool.Everyone be careful.Anyone fishing the Randolphs next weekend?Roundhill I'll come down and fish it with you if you want,I know you swore off 36 hour tournaments but in case you change your mind.:big_smile::wink:

9. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    .Anyone fishing the Randolphs next weekend?Roundhill I'll come down and fish it with you if you want,I know you swore off 36 hour tournaments but in case you change your mind.:big_smile::wink:[/quote]

Our crew will be there Sat. morning.

10. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Stayed at Hill's this past weekend and it looked like most people were having no trouble loading and unloading. Went by Harry's and it looked like several had put in there. I would just be careful no matter where you put in. The report says its only 4 1/2 ft down, but it sure looks more than that.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I will be there probably staying at Hills or Canal Lakes had mad my mind up but I will be there friday around lunch. Called randolphs today and they said the just had 4 more ft of concrete put down on the ramp last week so it wont be a bad place to put in. I will be in a 17ft HenryO with River Cat on the side of the boat if you see me hollar at me. I will be on Ch69.

12. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Alright men. I've got 4 new 56 inche Monter Mudders on the Surburan and 4 new Mud Grippers on the boat trailer, the hubs are locked and the winch line is ready. No sissy little ramp problem is gonna stop me. LOL,,,LOL,,,:big_smile::wink:...................Now for the men thats fished down near the canal this week, are they running water. That's my main concern. It don't matter when, just need to know are they?. I like water running water in that canal;,just like everybody else. I want it bad. If not I' have to change plans again this trip. I do want to say thanks to all the replies, you all are a big help. I wish I would of had all this info 10 years ago. It would have made it less surprising.

13. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Joey, they've been pulling some from mid-afternoon until around 8-9 pm. Call 1-800-92LAKES and they will tell when the turbines will be running. I think S/C is having to dump some water into the cooper river also to prevent salt water intrusion down there.