Hey Steve, I mean Jim

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Sparky Larson, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I just got back from Lake St. Clair. I brought home 7 perch, 2 Sunfish, and 3 bluegills. They were all small, but my wife and I are hungry for fresh fish so I have 24 small fillets. ( It should be enough). I must admit the gills were smaller than some of you guys use for flathead bait, but than again 8" gills are good in most peoples book.
    Jim,
    I don't know if you saw my other post or not, but I was wondering when you first start hitting the Kalamazoo and having some good luck!
    Sparky

2. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    sparky,
    sorry i didn't see the thread.
    well, once it warms up i'll start giving it a try. probably in a 3-5 weeks.
    i give the mr. walleye a try soon, so maybe then i'll try.
    the first or second week of april i'll start for flats.

last year i didnt start until mid-may, and then they really started hitting good in late may early june. then again i didnt discover any of my spots until then, so hopefully the ball gets rolling early this year. -jim

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Jim,

In your avatar pic;

Is that location in your pic the first turn upstream from the boat launch where you got that nice channel cat?

4. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    shhh.

why yes it it sal. apparently i do better there when i go solo.
    but this year will be different. i caught 13 flats there last summer.
    we should start trying to put together outings, so we can get all the regulars out for some b.s. ing and some cats.
    k-zoo, grand and maple outing this spring and summer.and i'm even up for a pike or musky outing myself. (or any good fishing) i will have alot of time to fish this summer, so bring on the suggestions.
    -jim

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Jim,

whenever you want to go out on my boat, you have a spot waiting for ya.

I have good places round here or we can go hit spots around you. Either way is fine by me.

Sal