Hey, Seasons here!

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by channelcat_tracker, Nov 6, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey guys just letting you know that this is my FIRST year trapping and i dont know what im really doing. but let me get to the point. smitty, youre traps are of very good quality. i had a muskrat get hooked on a long spring and it pulled the stake out and went 3 feet before it drowned. also caught two this morning up to 3 muskrats. i used that 1 1/2 duke and 1 3/4 you sent me and caught 2 coons as well. seasons going great and the 110s arent really producing. the way you set one is put the 110 in front of the hole right? cuz thats how im doing it as well as putting the footholds in front of the hole and that seems to work! any more tips?

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im sorry I aint no help on the rats but try this on the coons the old tin fish on the pan just cover the pan with foil ,place in a shallow rippel the coon cant resist especially on moonlit night hope this will help

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Congrats on your first rats, hope to see a few pics.

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like your off to a great start Tony.congrats on the rats,and your 1st year trapping.good luck.