Hey Rippinlips, I gotta question for ya

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Longjohn119, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    I know you fish Odessa a lot, didn't you say last summer that they were doing some dredging down there?

If so do you know where they dredged or made other changes, me and a buddy were talking last night about doing some spring crappie fishing down their when the weather and water levels permit. I also wanted to make up some GPS maps and I could notate where the dredging areas are.

He also told me they closed Scotty's Outdoors, man it's just not going to be the same going down there without stopping at Scotty's, he carried hardcore catfish tackle that no one else around here has. Snap swivels you could use to tow a car with, big weights and hooks and of course bait.

2. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    From what I hear they dredged the cross channels.
    Don't know about anything else.
    Have a good 1
    just

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010

3. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well it worse comes to worst I'll have to spend a day mapping depths. Not a big deal because I'll be itching to have a intensive field test of my new set up. (And hopefully a new bigger boat) If you want to check out my project and view some of the custom maps I've been making check out my blog, I'll be posting some example maps over the next couple of days to give people an idea of how I intend to use the finished project

http://netbook2chartplotter.blogspot.com