Hey Ozzy!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by iabowhunter, Oct 4, 2008.

1. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    How's the bow shooting going brother? You ready to put an arrow thru a deer and let the air out of it?

Man, I can't wait to hear when you get your first bow kill!

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I just saw this post, dont know how I missed it. I went to a different shop and got it re-dialed in and left shooting 6 inch groups at 20 yards. BPS didnt set it right at all, oh well. Now its practice, practice , practice. Ill have to wait for next year for deer but found out russian hogs arent game animals here. There 24/7/365 and no tags required, same in utah. I found a lead for a farm, now just gotta sweet talk the owners. :cool2:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hog huntin with a bow is the bomb dude.A big hog has a plate or shield over it's shoulders that are hard to penetrate. It's been my best luck to try for a slight quartering away shot so you can get behind the shield and into the air compressor. If you'll sour a sack of corn, the hogs will find it. Also stale bread, donuts etc. make killer hog baits. Wish ya well bro. Stick a biggin:wink:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    A friend use to hunt them in calif. years ago and would come home with a six pack at a time. Man thats some good stuff. Hopefully I can get these farmers to let me hunt there land.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Ozzy! That's sounds awesome. I have always wanted to shoot hogs. Like Countryhart said, " Gotta tuck that arrow behind the shoulder!" The shield or plate is very thick and arrow penetration is an issue. Keep practicing BRO and rock em' when the time comes. Keep us posted on the shooting Mike. We're here to help ya Mike!!:wink:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I was watching Hank Parker and his kids on TV and wondered why they shot hogs broadside in the middle. Now I know. I can hog squeal without a call like no other, been doing it since a kid. I can grunt also, just no volume. Like the woman say men are pigs, LOL.

7. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    One of these days I'll make it down south to hunt hogs. I'd like to take one with the bow and one with a handgun.

Sounds like BPS just sold you a bow and didn't take the time to set it up for you. That's a bunch of crap and would let them know about it.

Keep up the good work Ozzy. It's very addictive. By all means ask questions. That's how I learned. There's no such thing as a stupid question and there is a ton of helpfull people here on the BOC.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sportmans warehouse hooked me up. BPS sold me a great bow, sloppy setup. I think Ill let it ride. I like both stores equally. After all....

9. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck in your new endeavor Ozzy.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I should have had my new string Wed. now its Sat. Looks like not till next week now, must be because of opening season everywhere. Kinda hard to make a string while in a stand, LOL. :big_smile: Now I know why ya need more than 1 bow.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    A good dirt dobber always carrys extra mud.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Hope they get ya back to shooting soon bro. I bet ya miss it. When i first started i couldn't wait till i got home so i could shoot.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I could have shot at least 3 times this week after work. Im itching to shoot. I'm gonna get another set of strings and cables for a backup. I was reading from Ted Nugent that he shoots a new bow about 100 shots and takes those strings off for a backup.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    good luck bro. i just joined the bowhunting ranks a few years back again myself. i aint been out yet here but deer seasons in. soon. i just got my first buck in last night to mount for a buddies dad.

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im hooked, I had a buddy try to get me into it 15 years ago, if I only knew. Hope ya have a busy season for mounts, always enjoy the pics. :big_smile:

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I put a different rest on and went shooting this morning. Gave the bow a couple of adjustments and starting hitting the target. Trying to remember all the steps, hand position, back tension etc just came together all at once. I fired off about 2 dozen arrows and hit the bullseye 3 times, knocked off a nock, almost robin hood. Had 4 other arrows stacked like sardines. So now Im happy its starting to come together. There were guys out there blasting off arrow after arrow and spraying the target, I shot 24 and left it at that. :cool2:

16. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Sounds like progress Ozzy,
    24 good ones better than a bunch of sloppy ones!!

Push that bow arm, follow through:smile2:

17. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Look at you throwing on a new arrow rest then going out and stacking up the arrows. Your hooked brother! Sounds like you need to buy some broadheads and go poke some holes in some game!

Congrats!

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I agree, wack something dude. What ya don't want to kill, draw on it anyway. It's good practice and a terrific confidence builder to know the only reason it walked was because you allowed it to. Good luck Ozzy, i'm rootin for ya bro.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    LOL I got some broadheads, but I aint gonna be sloppy. More practice til I feel comfy at 40 or more. I had a octane hostage rest that came with the bow, it was like shooting a .22 with a .270 barrel, great concept no adustment at all on the stick. Ya Im hooked brother. :cool2:

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im gonna talk to the Boulder City Police and see if I can stick a few yotes. They dont like guns out there but Im sure the rich folks out there have lost a dog or two and would be a hero.Ive heard them out there while fishing.