Hey northlanders,smithville dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cook, Dec 21, 2005.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Anyone been by lately??See they are letting out 150cfs,not a lot but some.Any shad congregating or seen anyone fishing.
    Getting bored working all the time and lake frozen on my end.

2. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    Cook, Long time no see or should I just say talk? I haven't been to Smithville in a few weeks. I really need to get back up there this week since the weather is going to be good. I went to Jacomo last week and only found one spot that wasn't frozen. I have been hitting a locally city owned pond that they stock with trout because it has a fountain and keeps from freezing completly. I'll try to make it up there though sometime this week. I have to work quite a few hours for the next two days, but plan on fishing the weekend away. If I get up there before you do I will be sure to let you know what's going on and if it's worth the drive. Hopefully it will be.

3. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    If you hardy souls have time, you might check out Thomas Hill Resivor in North Central MO. They have a power plant there with a warm water outlet on the lake. I bet the fishing's pretty good this time of year.

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Thanks,but I'm sticking close to home this weekend.I can't remember,but I think the wife mentioned somethings going on this weekend.Maybe the Chiefs game or something,I dunno,something on TV or a family dinner??Anyway,it will come to me,hmmmmm...,what is this weekend.

5. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    I went to Smithville this morning and they are still letting water out. Only came home with three crappie but they sure tasted good. They sure weren't the 55lb flathead I would like to have caught but I was a little unprepared. Maybe this weekend will go a little better if they still move up there from the river in this weather.

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Good job,thanks for the report.Don,t think I'll make it till feb.-merry Christmas