Hey Neighbors

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Katmandeux, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'm looking for a spot.

Can anyone point me to a place in western Arkansas where I can do a little primitive camping and do some stream fishing for smallmouth? I'd like to drive to the campsite, but once there, I'm up for some hiking, if necessary, to get away from crowds.

Help an Okie, and go to heaven!:lol:

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I reside in west central Arkansas, I do not small mouth fish. I can not help you. We do have some nice primitive camping area but I do not know if there is small mouth in the water.

3. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Go to www.AGFC.COM and see what they have there:smile2:

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Dave,

Have you looked over by Flint Creek just barely inside Oklahoma. Take highway 412 and it's about 1 mile from the Arkansas border....it's a nice clear rock stream which carries smallmouth. I drive by it all the time and keep meaning to try al little fishing.

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Like Nimrod said The AGFC has a world of infro includeing a list of every lake and river Oh yea come on over you are welcome in Ar:big_smile:

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    theres a really good place below the dam at gillam lake. its not realy primitive camping but you can put up a tent.its national forrest so you can fish from the dam as far down as you want to go.
    email me at jam51643@yahoo.com. when you come here if you decide to and i will meet you and show you some real good live baits and some artificial ones that work real good.5 pounders not out of reach.

7. barefootarkie

barefootarkie New Member

State:
    central Ar
    It’s more in the north central section of the state, but the Buffalo River meets your requirements. Smallmouth fishing and camping anywhere along the river is allowed, as long as you leave the area as you found it. (There are primitive camping areas at different points along the river) You may want to consider floating it. There are also flatheads to be had towards the lower end.
    Jimmy

8. bolivar 0637

bolivar 0637 New Member

State:
    Alma, Arkansas
    I haven't fished the Buffalo River but I have floated some of it in a canoe and it has some beautiful scenery.