Hey Missourians i have a question ???

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by FISHING FREAK, Jan 4, 2007.

1. FISHING FREAK

FISHING FREAK New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i will be moving to Missouri in an year or two and was wandering what are the top river/streams and lakes/resivores for catfish and LM and SM bass fishing ? thanks.

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    If you go to the MDC website it lists fishing prospects for 2007

3. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    What part of Missouri?

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well There are a few question I need to ask you.

Like are you planning on eating the fish?

Or just catch and release?

What type of catfish?

Channel? Flathead? Bluecat? Bullhead?

And what size range of fish are you looking for as there are a lot of fishing options there.

Not really a ba$$ fisherman but someone might help you out with that.

Also what kinds of bait do you use??

5. coldgold

coldgold New Member

State:
    missouri
    I would say the Mississippi or Missouri river if you happen to be close to either one,, i fish the mississippi river with great sucess for flatheads,, catch alot of blues also,, but i mainly target flatheads

6. FISHING FREAK

FISHING FREAK New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i just plan on catch and release, and i would like to fish for channel, flathead, and bluecats, i have never fished for blues and i want to try it but i fish for mostly flatheads and channels here in Arizona, i know some of these fish my not be in the same waters, i think, so if i could get some info on a couple of rivers/streams and lakes/resivores on these fish that would be great, and also i am looking to fish somewhere where i know theres a good chance in me hooking into some big cats, i use live bait like bluegills, and use cut bait sometimes, most the time i use live bait, i have had the most succses in catching cats with live bait. any info is appreciated thanks

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Hey Josh, here's the web address for the Missouri Dept. of Conservation prospects page. Keep looking, great infor thru out the MDC's web pages.

http://www.mdc.mo.gov/fish/prospects/

8. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Josh, anywhere in central or southwestern Missouri has good reservoir action for cats and bass. Eastern and western sides of the state have more river fishing (Cats, not bass) with the exceptions of a few smaller reservoirs. Smallmouth bass fishing the best larger fish are at Stockton Reservoir, about 40 minutes north of Springfield. Other smallmouth fishing is Ozark stream fishing, but smaller fish.

Kentucky or spotted bass, there are a couple of good lakes. Table Rock, on the Missouri-Arkansas border, has a nice concentration of spots. However, Lake of the Ozarks will produce more fish, if you can fish it with all the boating activity.

Largemouth bass, that's where you'll get in an argument over what lake is best. Truman Reservoir, Lake of the Ozarks, and Table Rock Reservoir are probably the top 3; but you'll get six different rankings from six bass fishermen regarding which one is 1st, 2nd, etc. Lake of the Ozarks is plain hard to fish, and dangerous during the summer because of all the crazies in 30 and 40 foot boats running around. All in all, Missouri is a pretty nice fishin' hole!

9. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    The Mississippi river is a great place to fish, but you need some one to show you the ropes if you don't know it, also the Missouri.