Hey Kevin, how are things up your way?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Love Them Cats, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Are you anywhere near where they are evacuating people?
    I hope you guys are far enough away from the water, it won't cause you any problems?

I'm off tomorrow and I'm going to head that way to do a little fishing.
    I'm going to try and get around the park area and try there?

Ken

2. slickrick

slickrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Has anybody heard if the fish are bitting at all? If so where? I have 3 days left of my vacation. I've been stuck here at the house and I'm tired of it. I thought someone might know if the fish are bitting!:sad2:

3. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    We went for a couple hours today and my Daughter caught a small Drum and that was all we caught. We were up around Miami, fishing some of the flood waters on the Neosho River.

I talked to a couple people today, and they haven't had any luck fishing?

I don't know if it's all this rain that has them messed up or what, but I'll be glad when they start biting?

Ken

4. slickrick

slickrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I think with all the food that has been flushed down into the water. All fishing will be slow for along time. However I have heard when the water levels are high thats when ya need to put out limbs lines!:roll_eyes:

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, Ken... just saw this and will show Kevin. We're on very high ground right here, but drivin across the Cowskin, feels like you could reach out the car window and touch the water. It's eerie.

Just read more reports about the devastation up in Miami - here's the link to the story - http://www.grovesun.com/frontpage.pdf

including the picture from the Bernice area.
    And now they say Grand won't crest till Monday... so we shall see.