Hey Kenny: You were asking for a lift?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Feb 6, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Kenny the Catfish: See ya on the board below. How ya been paleface, long time no seeum? You actually got a job now? LOL. See ya looked at my profile and that Chevy pickup. Had that for a year and a half. Bought it for a $100 bucks out of some guys barn and sold it for $600 bucks to a biker friend. He had it for a year and sold it to some guy in Calif. for a lot of bucks.

All I did was beat some dents out of it with a sledge hammer, spray painted it green and ran it. Grew up with a pickup like that when I was a kid. Learned how to drive in it. The only thing I did with this truck was drive it to fishing holes, haul some dead deer in it and that was it. The bed was in excellent shape. Could have hauled oats if I wanted.

I told you I wass going to tell you a story about a truck. This ain't the truck. You will like that one when I put it up. You will really like the skull. Later. Come back when ya can, wanna hear about your function. John.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    John, I see u got rid of all that armor & settled for the lazyboy instead. Good move, no need to carry around more than u need on a daily basis....Take it easy

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Ah, the story behind the truck. Thanks PB, I was wonderin' 'bout it myself. An old truck looks pretty darn good with a new coat of paint, huh? That's what Nancy and I say to the mirrors every morning while we're puttin' on our makeup :smile2:.

Director of a Christian youth organization I was once involved in used to say this, if folks had a problem with "decorating" your face. "If the barn looks better painted, why not paint the barn?" :wink:

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    man that sure is a pretty truck. i would have give you a few grand for it. i am looking for a nice older truck like that.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ken, you mentioned your skull collection. My brother collects skulls and so do I to an extent. He is really in to it and has some nice stuff. He used to have a human skull he kept on his kitchen table. Got it out of a bone shop in India. He sold it to somebody who wanted to make a bong out of it.

The bones have something to do with an Indian thing I might tell you about sometime. That is down the road though.

I found a picture of he and I in front of an old rotted out silver maple a long time ago. I am the one holding the beer of course. There is a skull in there of a horned bovine that I put on the front of a truck I used to own. The only vehicle I have ever washed and liked. I stuck that pic. in here too. Will tell you some stories about that truck and bones and mastodon teeth sometime over in Ramblings when in the mood.

What ya got for bones? "Dem bones, Dem bones"

John.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A deuce and a half! I've always wanted one of them. Loved drivein them and the 5 ton in the army. I can see me now rollin down the roads in Joisey and hittin the circles at about 40mph. LOL! Got a fella in the next town over that has an old three quarter ton. Along with a trailer.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    NICE OLD TRUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    George, I can't remember the first car I owned, simply because I don't care. Can't tell you what year pickup I own right now off the top of my head. Don't know the make of Nancy's truck. Never washed or polished a car I owned, except in High School when I might have a date. A car or truck is like a dog. A dog has 4 legs and a head, a car has 4 wheels and a hood. As long as they start and get me where I want to go I could care less their color make model or year.

But that Deuce and a half George. That deuce and a half I lived with. I loved that truck. Washed it, swept it out, kept the canvas taught. Serviced before it was necessary. Will tell ya about it sometime. I'll give ya a heads up. The air horn on that truck would scare your train George. Hehheh.

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Now that deuce 1/2 is a nice truck...