Hey, It's not just us

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by metalman, Feb 25, 2007.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I always thought those thoughtless (not all) bass fishermen who race by at close quarters just did it to us catfish guys. I was just channel surfing and happened to catch the Bassmaster Classic. A guy named Gerald Swindle pulled that bonehead move where they gun it right by you except he did it to another competitor. That move got him disqualified. Just shows that some of them (again, not all) have respect for no one, even their own fellow competitors.
    It's a shame we can't have someone out there to send them home everyday when they do that...W

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Would it be illegal or imoral to keep a paintball gun close when those fisherman ran their boats too close to shore like that? Give them a few warning shots across the bow and if they didnt comply.........
    :beat_shot: :beat_shot: :after_boom:

:haha:

3. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
  4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Kenny,
    I have often thought the same thing. I also toyed with the idea of mounting one in the radiator grill of my car to "mark" the idiot drivers I experience every day. I think the local police wouldn't take too kindly to a paint ball vigilante on the streets...W

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Bro, I was in a striper tournament yesterday and the lake we were fishing on had two bass tournaments going on. They, you know who I mean, bounced us around all morning. One time, we had two bass boats come thru and they bounced us so bad it jerk the bait off of our down lines. Also, several years ago, we had a catfish tournament on Lake Wylie and a bass (tournament) boat hit an anchord catfish boat. He was going full blast (sound familar) and hit the right corner of the catfish boat and it destroyed the trolling motor, also wiped out seven rods and rod holders on the right side of the boat, along with major damage to the boat. My catfish competitors jumped out of their boat at the last possible moment and that is what saved then. The bass fishermen told the Wildlife Officer, who was in sight of the accident, that the sun was in his eyes. He was charged with endangerment of others, etc. You can't be too carefull out there. PS, I also saw the Bassmasters TV program you spoke about.

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yeah ive have this happen to me all the time its really annoying and i have thought about taking my paintball gear to mark some of them bass fishermen who pull that

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I saw that show also, Swindle is a good guy but he deserved what he got. He knew it after they called him. The one thing I would like to know is why did it take so long to call him. He was still fishing and trying to win the classic. Probably the same officials for NASCAR :big_smile:

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    just dont get cought, cuz then it hurts us tourney paintball players who dont have any tourneys to go to after someone gets busted driveing around shooting random people or using a paintball gun in the "wronge way", i thought thats what paintball markers were for, shooting people:big_smile:

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    That move cost Swindle anywhere from $50,000-$500,000!!!!!!

What a bone head!! I watched it and I told my wife, he better get disqualified for that. Sure enough, Trip booted him. Very smart move on BASS part. Had he hit one of those spectators he would have subjected Disney to a nice lawsuit.

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I need a waterproof battery powered power drill and a big auger bit and scuba gear. just track em down when they stop to do what ever, swim under em & drill a nice hole in the middle of the boat from underneath.

11. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I saw the episode also and am glad that they dised him. It reminded me of a guy that keeped coming by me on a jetski I mean about 15ft from the boat this was on a 30,000 acre lake and I was in the middle of the lake. A while later a cabin crusier came by and I watched the guy jump the crusiers wake and land with his mouth on the handle bars, knocked him out cold!

12. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I also watched that show. I always thought the only thing wrong with Gerald was that he was a water beater, till this morning. At least he wasn't like a lot of the NASCAR guys, he didn't whine and blame it on everyone else. The sting of less weight in his hip pocket might slow him down a little next time. The sad thing is he had a shot at winning the thing.

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky

I bet that was a KODAK MOMENT, LMAO!!! I would have liked to have seen video of this,:lol: .

14. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    It's one thing to do what Gerald Swindle did, but if you caught his post interview, he never outright apologized. He only offered up the explanation that he likes to do things at full speed or something to that effect and always has. (So was he saying he's done this before?). Maybe an apology came later, but I never saw it. It's one thing to do something boneheaded, it's another story though when you don't learn from it or apologize for what you've done.

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    forget the paintballs, sinkers, slingshots, bb guns.....im gonna see ya at the rapm dude!

16. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i saw it too. i dont think he is a bad guy, i just think he got caught up in the moment of winning the tournament. very easy to do when there is that kind of money on the line. im not taking up for him because he made a bad judgement to me. the competator told him to come on. the boss asked if he told you to run threw a red light would you? will this make other bass boats change their ways. i dont think so but i bet there is one that has changed. on the other hand how would like to have 10-25 boats setting out behind you while you where fishing a big tournament and they are setting over there having a party. i wouldnt want it myself but thats what goes with the turf and pays the bills for these guys. lots of preasure to perform on these guys in my opinion leads to mistakes.