Hey I just moved to the Allentown area form North Carolina

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Brucegusmc, May 14, 2008.

1. Brucegusmc

Brucegusmc New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I could use some info from you fine folks the water temp the depth the species everything is different in PA compared to NC I would really be thankful for some good lakes to try for flat heads and large channel cats. Im not asking for spots just names of lakes and rivers to try for cats.

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Blue Marsh Reservoir currently holds the PA state record flathead catfish.

Schuylkill River is infested with flathead catfish in the 4 to 8lb range.

Bass and carp, I don't care much for.

Good luck!

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Welcome to my hometown. What are you looking for and I can help you.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Welcome Bruce to Pa! :0a25: The boys on the east side of the state will have to help you out with spots, I'm from the Pittsburgh area!

5. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yep, im 10 mins from allentown. i fish the delaware river and catch some nice channels, the leahigh canal has the state record channel so the canal and lehigh river are good places to try even tho i never had any success. any more help just ask.

6. dreibek

dreibek New Member

State:
    PA
    I live in Easton, PA, about 2 blocks from the Delaware. The area just below the Lehigh River falls into the Delaware holds a deep pool with some decent ones. Lehigh Canal is tops though for cats and carp. I haven't had much success there, but I know people who swear by it.

7. Scott LEmons

Scott LEmons New Member

State:
    PA
    Bruce,

Welcome aboard... I have caught a few nice channels at Lake Nockimixion. The ywo spots that produced for me were the far end of the boat mooring area, away from the walk out. The second spot was behind the out house on the drive out fishing pier both are easu shore access. I did speak to someone that fishs out of the boat launch on the opposite side of the lake but I have never tried it.

Good Luck!!

8. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome Aboard Bruce...

Another western PA guy sending salutations and friendly advice.

two specifically;
    first, fear not that you can catch catfish even big catfish in PA...But they may not come as easily as there were in warm fertile NC Waters. Be persistant and you'll win the prize.

Second, and most adamently. Post and post often. We try to be a family here, to encourage and to guide. If you've got questions, they can be answered. I pretty much post every catfishing trip; success or failure.