Hey guys

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Ben Sheffey, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Ben Sheffey

Ben Sheffey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tommrrorw is Newyears take your girl out and stuff but be careful I want to see you all after the new year, btw DUI's suck so stay safe my brothers

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I will be holeing up at a friends in Louisville and the keys willl be in the candy dish for the night !

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    You be safe too Ben want to see ya next year!!

I'll be holed up in the mountains. Right here at home is where it's going to be for me this new years eve.

4. festus

festus New Member

Yep, right now you have to be careful on the road and watch out for the other drivers. Lots of rookie and amateur drinkers out there around the holidays. It's a full moon, also, don't know why stuff gets wild during a full moon. But I've had my police scanner on for a couple of days and it's just one thing happening after another. DUIs at 9:00 in the morning?? :crazy:

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    They are just wanting to get an early start and not be late for the party:crazy::wink:

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    start at 9am and your doing the nod WAAAY before 9 pm !

7. Ben Sheffey

Ben Sheffey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No no duis here lol but Just take care tommrrow

8. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    be safe everyone, ill be ether up a holler with a few buddies in spencer WV, or if the weather is bad i will be getting a hotel room and walking to my destinations.

festus, when i was in college one police officer told me that he gave as many out the next morning as he did that night. he said everyone wakes up still drunk from the night before and thinks they are okay to drive and consequently get a DUI in the process.

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    YOU ARE RIGHT ! SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T CATCH UP TO YOU TILL THE NEXT AM ! OR SO I HAVE HEARD ! I USUALLY STAY PUT WAAAYY INTO THE NEXT DAY NOON ANYWAY OR I AIN'T DRIVING OR I QUIT BY 2AM AND DIDN'T OVER DUE IT THE NIGHT BEFORE ...I REMEBER NIGHT WHERE A GIRL WAS A 2 AT 10 THEN A 10 AT 2 ...BACK THEN I COULD SLEEP IT OFF AFTER I CHEWED MY ARM OFF TO GET AWAY :wink: JOKES ASIDE EVERYONE BE SAFE !

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll be walkin to the neighbors shop to ring in the new year. Cook a few burgers, swill a few barley pop's and likely be in bed by 10"00. Us ole guys need our rest ya know. Happy new years everybody and do be safe and let a sober person do the driving.

11. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    HAPPY day before NEW YEARS from Western Kentucky.And may we all hit that 100lber in 2010.I'll be kicked back on the couch watching movies with my boys.Waiting on Sunday for the river to fall and get my fishing FIX on.Hope to start 2010 with a DANG,I'll let you know.

12. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Just another day for a old fart like me:smile2:....I kinda like not waking up hungover too..:wink::big_smile:

13. festus

festus New Member

Nope, you won't catch me waking up tomorrow with a hangover. I don't get them because I don't ever stop. :cool2: No, just kidding. By this time of year, my drinking has slowed down considerably--maybe 3 or 4 beers and maybe a Bloody Mary or Margarita. Most of my heavier drinking is in the fall during regular college football season on Saturdays. A 12 pack will last me from about noon until 11:30 pm or whenever the news goes off. My system to avoiding hangovers is never drink over 2 drinks per hour, and stop drinking after 12 beers, 12- 4 oz glasses of wine, or 12 mixed drinks containing a jigger of liquor. If I'm in "my heavy" drinking mode, I can tell you what time it is by counting my beer cans. One beer per half hour. It's like clockwork. If I start drinking beer at 6:00 pm, and there's six empty cans, then it's 9:00 pm. Works every time.

The last time I drank a case of beer has been at least 20 years ago. I had 5 six packs in the fridge and had planned on drinking a case that day. I was watching a football game (Iowa vs TN) and Iowa was taking it in to score but fumbled it in midair. The slowest guy on Tennessee's defense picked it off and ran back over 100 yds for a touchdown. It took him at least 30 seconds to get down the field with some good blocking. I stood up and spilled my beer. Later that night, I noticed there were 24 beers gone. I remembered spilling one, so I opened another and drank it just to say I drank a case!!:smile2:

So Happy New Year everyone!! I plan on watching the bowl game tonight and then the 11:00 news. Who knows, I may already be asleep by midnight. :roll_eyes:

14. Ben Sheffey

Ben Sheffey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont think i have ever heard someone putting that much thought into drinking lol

hell me and my buddies just drink till there isnt any more and then dont wake up till noon but thats what college is for i guess.

Speaking of spilt beer the first big catfish i ever caught was when i was taking a big swig out of a cold one, while i had one watchful eye on the bobber. Had a rather big gold fish on the hook so when it went under i didnt really care but when the bait clicker went I just remember jeremy yelling for me to click something over ( which i have no idea what it was ) and then to jerk it hard well the beer pretty much went into the lake but we landed the cat about five minutes later

15. festus

festus New Member

After over 40 years of drinking, some folks finally learn something. :smile2: Look at my left hand in my avatar. I'm turning up a Tecate Mexican beer, it was made this spring after a bunch of rain messed up my fishing hole. My girlfriend sneaked in and took the picture. The beer can is almost identical to a Coke can and she had no idea I drank any beer that day. Or at least she never confronted me with it. She sat up at the picnic tables and knitted and used the Internet all day long and I sat down there drinking beer and dodged logs.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009