hey guys im back

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by airforceben, Apr 26, 2008.

1. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    man its been awhile..long winter....lots of work (the military loves the stuff). Anyhow i live in rocklin now and need some good spots to go. I went to the sutter bypass once and have heard talk of of folsom lake. but i also want to know about some of the delta sloughs closer to sac, or maybe the port of sac. any info is great.
    thx
    ben:wink:

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome back Ben

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
  4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome back Ben. You want to talk to Lindsey (fishnutz) about where to fish around the delta.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  6. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Howdy Ben,
    We will have to hook up and I'll show you some of my spots. They are not all fantastic for catfish because I like to target striper as well, but the cats are there. I live in the pocket area, so you aren't that far. Shoot me a PM if you want to hook up during the week sometime. I'm off wed,thu,fri.
    Linz:wink:

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome back to the Boc its good to hear that you are back at it again, and thank you for fighting for our country and good luck on your fishing trips, hope you have your self a blast and can catch some nice fish.

8. BLACK MAC

BLACK MAC New Member

State:
    Riverbank Calif
    steamboat slough never did me wrong... you should give it a look.

9. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Hey Mac,
    Where abouts Steamboat do you fish?? I have fished the heck out of the entrance under the bridge and have done really good with striper, but hardly any cats.:confused2: I ran into a few 2 pound white cats once but it only lasted about 10 minutes. Do you fish further down?
    Thanks,

10. reelguy

reelguy New Member

State:
    caliif
    You might try Dunnigan Slough near knights landing just below the dam.this is one of the best spots for yellow catfish also once in a while a good size channel catfish. Thank you again for your Airforce service. thanx

11. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    This is one of the spots I was thinking about fishing. It is a known spot to consistantly catch big cats on live minnows. The only problem is that it is a "known spot" and I don't do combat fishing.:angry: If it's not too crowded, we should give it a whirl on Friday. Otherwise we can look elsewhere. Or....Ben is in the military....he could use some of those combat skills and scare everyone off!!!:smile2::smile2:

12. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    now that we have a few guys, we need to get some plans going:wink:

13. BLACK MAC

BLACK MAC New Member

State:
    Riverbank Calif
    Hey Linz sorry for the late reply but I fished all over steamboat and I dont really have one spot... I have found fishing there good not as many cats but fishing is fishing...